mites - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-15-2005, 09:57 AM   #1
grunt
mites

im looking for a way to kill mites for good. I have 3 pythons and never had a problem until i got my last bag of forrest floor . Now ive already oiled the snakes the way some have sugested and used the 5% bleach sollution and the little b?$%ards keep coming back. If there is anyone who could help i would greatly appreciate it because thy are our family pets but we also like to keep a somewhat natural look to the cages. Thanks for your time

Old 03-15-2005, 11:45 AM   #2
ms_terese
I would replace all the substrate with paper towels for now. Spray the paper towels with Provent-A-Mite first, let it dry, and put the animals back in the enclosure. Make sure they have a large water dish to soak in, and change it often.

After 2 changes of paper towel on which there are NO signs of mites, you could go back to your substrate of choice; however, you may want to begin treating it with a spray of the Provent-A-Mite as a preventative measure.

Old 03-16-2005, 07:51 AM   #3
grunt
Thank you very much for the info i'll go get some today

Old 03-17-2005, 12:07 PM   #4
SoCalHerp
Prevent-A-Mite really works great. I noticed my burm had a few mites, and I did exactly like ms_terese explained, and they were gone in a week.

Old 03-17-2005, 09:06 PM   #5
grunt
thanks unfortunatly, my local pet shop is on the move to new location,so i have to look for it

Old 03-17-2005, 09:47 PM   #6
ms_terese
actually, there's another product that has the identical ingredients that's about half the price that you can find anywhere....but i can't think of the name of it! I'll look for it an email you

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!