Skin Shed - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-27-2005, 08:18 AM   #1
Burn
Skin Shed

I've never seen a Chameleon shed it's skin. Yesterday my chameleon looked fine, but just now I looked at it, and he looks like this

is that normal? when my python sheds it's skin it takes a couple of days, buth the chameleon is doing it in seconds. So is this normal?

Thank for any input.

Old 03-27-2005, 11:50 AM   #2
Dave W.
HOwdy,

Yep. I seems to almost explode off of young chameleons. I watched mine go from one little flake visible to an hour later - boom. Now that he is 9-10 months old, it takes many hours longers.

Old 03-27-2005, 02:37 PM   #3
whitey4311
MIne looks the same as well. He looked a bit hazy in the AM, I went to work and came back to flakes of skin all over the cage. It happened pretty fast. My vield sheds in patches it seems. His hands will shed at one time and then his casque another ect. He is 3.5 yrs old though. My Panther Nose Be is about to have his second sheeding today it looks like and I suspect he is aboutt 5-6 months old. I have him outside for several hours for sunlight and mist him to help the process.

Old 04-15-2005, 02:39 PM   #4
kaykay
how often do chameleons shed there skin anyway? my cham is around 3.5 months now and has shed once since i have had her. also is there a way to tell if they are going to shed before they actually start to shed?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!