Competence and sex - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

View Poll Results: Do you think competence in men and women is sexy? (More than 1 answer OK)
Keep them barefoot and pregnant 4 6.56%
The ideal woman should be a kitten: soft, weak and playful 3 4.92%
The ideal woman is a tigress: strong, fierce, awesome 22 36.07%
Competence and sex are totally unrelated; witness famous politicians 10 16.39%
I do not care about personality, I take what I want regardless 3 4.92%
Powerful, aggressive men are VERY sexy 13 21.31%
Competence and competition can be different; be the best you can be 14 22.95%
Men have always been helpless, women let them think that they are otherwise 9 14.75%
I love and admire competent women 16 26.23%
It is sexy when either gender excels; it indicates self respect and ability 39 63.93%
A total lack of competence in anything is a negative trait 17 27.87%
Duh, could you like, repeat the question? 3 4.92%
I would never have sex with a useless wimp of either gender 21 34.43%
I wandered into this poll by accident, which way to the exit? 5 8.20%
Other, describe below 3 4.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2005, 06:32 AM   #1
Lucille
Competence and sex

In the past, the feminine ideal was often painted as someone who needed a partner who was strong, to take care of her. This portrayal of an often learned helplessness increased the dichotomy between the sexes in ways that were not always positive.

Today, scientific studies confirm that men and women are indeed different (duh) but show that the differences do not rank one above the other; and indeed women can both compete with and outshine male counterparts in many ways.

I think the concept of supermen and superwomen is overrated, we are all people; we all at times need help from others; and yet I find that competence, strength, and a certain level of independence is very sexy.

This is a poll to see how y'all view gender related competence.

Old 04-10-2005, 09:57 AM   #2
reptilemama
I think guys who are good at what they do are attractive, as long as they aren't arrogant about it. It's one thing to be good at something, but it's a huge turn off to brag about it. Competence is great as long as modesty goes along with it.

Old 04-10-2005, 10:18 AM   #3
kiote9
I find it very sexy when a person cannot only accomplish their task, but do it WELL! Doesn't matter what it is. If they can do something better than I can it's even sexier.

I adore the arrogant! They are usually masking an insecurity and it makes them fun to challenge. Sit and wait patiently, eventually they will make an embarassing mistake. Of course, it takes the sex appeal away......but once you got what you want from them what difference does it make?

Old 04-10-2005, 11:20 AM   #4
shrap
Personally, I can only have relationships with women that are intelligent, strong and independent. Nothing turns me off more than a women with no brains that wants to be treated like they are 10 years old.

I have been out with many truly beautiful women who gave me wood just looking at them, yet after 15 minutes of being around them left me limp and wanting to get the hell away from them.

Now with that being said, I do like women who are affectionate, loving and compassionate. But for the love of God and all that is Holy in the world please have some intelligence, a backbone, be opinionated and stand up for what you believe in. I hate women who become a "Mini-Me" of the man they are with. If I wanted someone to be a "Mini-Me" I would just date my hand!!

Old 04-11-2005, 09:53 AM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
lol Sammy you are too funny I am with you on this one though, I like for a man to be very affectionate (but not in public Im weird about that), loving, caring, compassionate and understanding but I truly hate men who have no spine intacted and I hate jealous men, it just makes me sick!

Being competant to me means alot more than a task at hand, but also being secure with ones self and relationships.

I dated this one guy that for a few weeks that was perfect for me (for a few weeks lol), then started calling me at work everyday as soon as I got there, showed up at lunch time with my lunch (I never took lunch) and completely drove me batty within no time at all. The last straw was when I had to go to one of the guys at the presses and check to see if a job would be finished to ship that day and he happened to be coming threw the door and flipped out.

I took a couple of steps back and said please leave now and do not call me again, I was kinda loud and most of the guys in the plant walked over to see why I was yelling and he ran, very fast out the door and I never saw him again lol

Old 04-12-2005, 06:02 AM   #6
Lucille
I would think that many here would love and admire competent women, seeing as there are a number of them who are part of the Fauna community.

Old 04-12-2005, 11:50 PM   #7
cthulhu77
LOL...is that a bit of a pat on the back????

I like my women dumb and obedient...and I can say that because my wife works the night shift and if she even saw this for a second I would have multiple bruises from head to toe, at least....

Any mate, be it male or female, needs to be a bit of a challenge ...how else is it interesting??? I like the daily ups and downs...fun, fun, fun!

greg (liking the down part better, if you catch my drift)

Old 05-22-2005, 06:33 PM   #8
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhu77
I like my women dumb and obedient...and I can say that because my wife works the night shift and if she even saw this for a second I would have multiple bruises from head to toe, at least....
Here's a nice flogger for Greg's wife to use:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Flogger.jpg (59.3 KB, 202 views)

Old 05-23-2005, 08:45 PM   #9
handsomeRob
the women i like

are not in this town! the only women in my town are either married, lesbians, fat, ugly, dont like white people, or they are teases. oh sure, i could hook up with a bunch of the military wives while their husbands are in another country, but i dont do that crap. i was a victim of that and it isnt very fun.

Old 05-23-2005, 09:07 PM   #10
dragonflyreptiles
ahhhh Now I know who handsomeRob is, heard alot about you from mycurlylocks on the name that movie thread.

you sound like an awesome guy that just needs a new town with better women!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!