in need of advice ! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-27-2005, 09:25 AM   #1
Clucky
in need of advice !

Yesterday the second egg of my 4th clutched but i think it was premature because it had its yolk sac attached to it and the yolk sac was about the size of a q-tip head , so I was wondering will the little guy die as a result of this yolk sac falling off it looks healthy but is very tiny.anyone else have these experiences.

Old 06-27-2005, 11:10 AM   #2
DAND
It could absorb it still or it could end up falling off. Either way it could still make it. If you leave it in a small area (i.e. like a deli cup) that is moist there will be a better chance of it absorbing it and less chance of it falling off or getting pulled off.

Old 06-27-2005, 01:28 PM   #3
the geckoguy
hey

iam pretty sure that it will just fall off cause i read a while ago the leopard gecko manual and i think its said when baby has yolk on it when it has hatched it will fall off in like a couple days and my bro in law xavier springer i think had a baby born with yolk attached and it fell off

Old 06-27-2005, 03:35 PM   #4
dragonflyreptiles
Ive had several hatch with a little to a lot of the sak attached, I just put them on damp paper towels and change them often and they have all done well.

Old 06-27-2005, 04:21 PM   #5
Jim O
I've seen snakes absorb yolk after hatching. Don't give up on it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!