Inquiry: Matt at MGReptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-07-2005, 06:49 PM   #1
Griz
Inquiry: Matt at MGReptiles

Not sure where else to go with this. Here are the details:

Last week of July - Matt and I play phone tag trying to get together so that I could place an order.

~July 30th - Spoke with Matt a few times and placed an order for 75 feet of 11 inch flexwatt and 2 Johnson controls with strips. Total price with shipping $436.45. Matt was informed that I would be paying via Paypal first thing Monday, August 1st.

August 1st, 8:40 am - Sent payment via Paypal per Matt's invoice. Paypal transaction id - 7X068592YP046XXXX.

August 1st afternoon - Left voicemail for Matt to call me and let me know an anticipated time to expect delivery. It really did not matter to me if it was a week or 3 weeks. I simply needed a timeframe in which to anticipate delivery so that I could arrange my work schedule to install the tape/controllers.

August 3rd - Sent email to Matt requesting the above. I also left a voicemail.

August 4th - Left voicemail

August 5th - Left voicemail

August 6th - Left voicemail

August 7th - Left voicemail

The voicemails I left were simply, Hey Matt, this is Bob Woodard, can you please either email me or call me and let me know when I can anticipate delivery. Not verbatim but close.

Over the past few days I have seen where ads have been placed on behalf of MGReptiles and that he has been logged into Fauna on several occassions. Shrap indicated that he had received an email from Matt a few days ago so I know he is reading emails.

I am giving Matt 100% of the benefit of the doubt and simply would like to know an anticipated shipment date. Per his answering machine, "please leave a message and we will get back with you by the next business day." It's been 5 business days and nothing as of yet.

Does anyone know if he has been incapacitated or on vacation? His reputation is stellar hence the reason why I chose to purchase from him so any help you or Matt can give me is greatly appreciated.

Griz

Old 08-07-2005, 06:54 PM   #2
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Does anyone know if he has been incapacitated or on vacation?
Matt has repeatedly stated in snakes he had for sale on KS that he was raising money to go out on vacation.

Regards.

Old 08-07-2005, 07:11 PM   #3
Griz
Thanks for the update! I am glad to know he is ok!

Griz

Old 08-07-2005, 07:50 PM   #4
jim scharphorn
Over the past few days I have seen where ads have been placed on behalf of MGReptiles and that he has been logged into Fauna on several occassions. Shrap indicated that he had received an email from Matt a few days ago so I know he is reading emails

Old 08-07-2005, 08:18 PM   #5
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Female genitic Hue pastel BCI 150 SHIPPED!
West Virginia
Posted by (Contact Me!) on August 07, 2005 at 12:02:03
Registered PetHobbyist User since 2003-10-12
View Ads (11) | This Category Only (1)
Send this ad to a friend! Click Here!

Click on thumbnails to view fullsize in a new window

This little lady is going to be something that’s for sure. I hate to have to seel her but I am going on vacation and need the extra cash. Information about this line of pastel can be found here
http://www.alexhuereptiles.com/Boas/gradedboas.html
She is eating F/T large rat pinks with spunk. I am asking 150.00 SHIPPED. Please email me for more pics or any additional info you would like. Thanks for your business and God Bless.
-Matt Graybeal
matt@mgreptiles.com
304-836-5147

http://www.mgreptiles.com/repsale1.html
Above is what I was referring to. It is very likely that if you left messages in his answering machine he might not be getting them. If he is on vacation he might check his e-mail, although that doesn't necessarily mean he will be able (or willing) to run his business. After all vacation is defined as: A fixed period of holidays, especially one during which a school, court, or business suspends activities. Knowing him and his track record I wouldn't be concerned though.

Regards.

Old 08-07-2005, 10:12 PM   #6
Griz
To be honest my concern was more for him. I know his track record and it was out of character for him.

Griz

Old 08-07-2005, 11:52 PM   #7
MGReptiles
Hello I am here(sorta). My Grandmother just found out she has cancer and she had to have an emergency mastectomy.. I have been out of the office tending to her and the rest of the family(out of state. I have been wiring to tend to the emails and have a family friend filling the orders for small things. I will not let anyone but myself do the thermostats as they have to be wired by hand. I am going on vacation on the 13-25 of August.. Sorry for the delays... Please pray for me and my family.. I truly apprecate the concern.

Old 08-07-2005, 11:59 PM   #8
dragonflyreptiles
Matt, I hope all goes well for you and your family, my prayers are with you!

Old 08-10-2005, 03:35 PM   #9
DragonCharm
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcage
Hello I am here(sorta). My Grandmother just found out she has cancer and she had to have an emergency mastectomy.. I have been out of the office tending to her and the rest of the family(out of state. I have been wiring to tend to the emails and have a family friend filling the orders for small things. I will not let anyone but myself do the thermostats as they have to be wired by hand. I am going on vacation on the 13-25 of August.. Sorry for the delays... Please pray for me and my family.. I truly apprecate the concern.
Good luck bro. I don't think many had any concerns that you were skipping out on deals you've made.....well except for Jim.

Old 08-10-2005, 03:43 PM   #10
MGReptiles
Thanks I appricate that... Yeah Jim is a nice fella

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!