Anyone use feederbugs.com ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-17-2005, 09:27 AM   #1
Cat_72
Question Anyone use feederbugs.com ?

Been shopping around and checking prices on superworms, and found feederbugs.com on Kingsnake. The prices look really good...$17 per 1000, shipping included. Did a search and didn't come up with anything.....anyone have any experience with them?

Old 08-17-2005, 10:50 AM   #2
Jim O
I wish that I could help. However that is a very good price. I might be inclined to give them a try. I buy from Ghann's and it's $24.99 plus shipping, though the additional shipping is not expensive when you are also buying crickets (as I do weekly from them). For instance 1000 3/8 inch crickets are $9.99 plus $6.25 for shipping. If I add 1000 superworms shipping total only rises to $7.00, or a $0.75 increase.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:12 AM   #3
Cat_72
I don't buy crickets in a large quantity.....the noise drives me INSANE.

I think I may give this guy a try......hopefully I'll be back here with some good news to share!

Old 08-17-2005, 11:26 AM   #4
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
I don't buy crickets in a large quantity.....the noise drives me INSANE.

I think I may give this guy a try......hopefully I'll be back here with some good news to share!
They don't make noise until they are full grown. Just feed them off quickly.

I looked his site over and his prices in crickets are excellent also considering they are shipped prices. I e-mailed him asking how he ships and where he is located. I wouldn't want them going gound from California.

On another note, NY Worm has a listing at KS for 2000 Superworms shipped for $33 (http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=28&de=289388). They do live a long time so that might be a consideration also.
Quote:
Superworm Blowout Sale - 2,000 for $33.00 Shipping Included
New York - Nationwide Live Delivery Guarantee

Posted by New York Worms (Contact Me!) on August 16, 2005 at 16:45:15
Registered PetHobbyist User since 2005-01-28
View Ads (8) | This Category Only (6)

Send this ad to a friend! Click Here!

Classifieds Special Offer Superworm Sale

2,000 Superworms for $33.00 Including Shipping! That's ONLY $16.50 per thousand.

Payment by Check, Money order or PAYPAL only.

This special offer is currently only being advertised on the KingSnake Family of Classifieds. Not currently available on our Website thru our Shopping Cart.

Send Payment by PALPAL to my e-mail address of info@nyworms.com

All orders received after 2 PM EST Tuesday will be shipped the following week.
I have not ordered from them except for mealworm bedding in the past but the service was good.

Old 08-17-2005, 06:24 PM   #5
dragonflyreptiles
I have been using NY wroms for supers and they are great esp for the $33 shipped

I use Ghann for crix & reptiledirect for mealies (10,000 mealies $32 shipped)

Old 08-17-2005, 08:51 PM   #6
Cat_72
I don't go through that many, so I just buy the occasional crickets from the nearest herp shop. The superworms are so easy (and QUIET ) that I buy them in the bigger quantities. I went ahead and ordered from this guy, and got a personal email back within a couple hours. DUH, he didn't give me the ship method, but he said they will be shipped tomorrow and will be here Saturday.

I get the feeling that this is a new, small-time guy just getting started (that's just my theory, lol, don't know for sure).....not that many hits on his website.....so we shall see how it goes. I dunno, if the quality is as good (or better!) I always like the thought of buying from the "little guy" if I can....just a quirk of mine.

Old 08-17-2005, 09:12 PM   #7
Jim O
I got an e-mail back from him and he is on the west coast and ships DHL and USPS. I hope they do arrive Saturday as I would hate them sitting all weekend. Most outfits only ship the beginning of the week for that reason.

I am curious to see how it works out though I probably will buy from NY Worms as I go through 1000 every 3 weeks these days.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!