Johnson Controls A419 use ? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 09-04-2005, 08:44 PM   #1
Texas Bob
Johnson Controls A419 use ?

With no instructions and no response on redtailboas.com I'm getting impatient. Can anyone walk me through the MENU on a JC A419 thermostat?

I put the probe in the enclosure, plugged in the flexwatt, temp read 84 degrees initially. Hit the MENU button and got the abreviation SP and then a flashing 30 degrees which I assumed was the temp I needed to change to set the thermostat. Bumped it to 88 degrees and the light came on and the flexwatt heated up. But it hasn't maintained the temp. I came back later to check on it and the temp was down to like 82 degrees.

What does these MENU abreviations mean:
SP
SF
OFS
OSd
d1f

Thanks,

Bob

Old 09-04-2005, 08:52 PM   #2
v2rherp
johnsons

sp setpoint
dif differential set to 1
asd anti short cycle delay set to 0 or 1
ofs temp offset set to 0
sf sensor failure 0= de-energized, 1 = energized

hope this helps

vaughn

Old 09-04-2005, 08:56 PM   #3
Texas Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by v2rherp
sp setpoint
dif differential set to 1
asd anti short cycle delay set to 0 or 1
ofs temp offset set to 0
sf sensor failure 0= de-energized, 1 = energized

hope this helps

vaughn
Wow that was quick! Yes and no. Can you walk me through what the responsibilities of each are so I can determine better what to set it on please? I'm an Infantry Marine and this is my first thermostat. Put the two together and it's like agro man learning about fire.

Bob

Old 09-04-2005, 09:01 PM   #4
v2rherp
a19

has this stat been used for heating before? you might have to remove the cover and see how the jumpers are setup. turn off the power first of course and unscrew the cover, on the circuit board you'll see a little block named p4. you'll see jump1 and jump2 make sure the little jumper plug is installed/left on on jump1 that sets it to heat mode. i like to run mine with jump2 removed this works like this set to 80 deg. the heat source comes on at 80 and turns off around 81-82 with jump2 in place it works like set to 80
when temps go below 80 heat source comes on and warms up to 80 and cuts off.

vaughn

Old 09-04-2005, 09:04 PM   #5
v2rherp
a19

if you can field strip an automatic weapon you'll have no problems.
sp set your desired temp.

dif set to 1

asd set to 0

ofs set to 0

sf set to 0

if you need any further help just ask, along with reptiles i'm an hvac tech.

vaughn

Old 09-04-2005, 09:11 PM   #6
v2rherp
a19

sp your desired temp

dif differential is the accuracy level you want 1 is plus or minus one deg.

asd is when the unit turns on/off 0 means it can turn on/off instantly 1 would mean it takes a minute to cycle on/off

ofs is if you want the display to show a diffent temp than actual "offset temp" set this to 0

sf sensor failure set to 0 this will turn off the heat source if the sensor fails

vaughn

Old 09-04-2005, 09:12 PM   #7
Texas Bob
Vaughn thanks. I just received this thermostat from Matt at MGReptiles and his stuff is advertised as new. I will set it up as you've shown above. I appreciate it.

Set Point = desired temp
Diff Set = + or - # of degrees set temp should vary

What does the anti short cycle, offset, and sensor failure energized or de-energized mean?

Bob

Old 09-04-2005, 09:17 PM   #8
v2rherp
a19

it's in the above post, call matt and bitch him out for not sending the instructions lol. i know matt a little, he can take it. i'm an hvac tech and i would have trouble seting one up from scratch with no instructions!

vaughn

Old 09-04-2005, 09:44 PM   #9
Texas Bob
Thank you, sir.

Old 09-04-2005, 11:00 PM   #10
v2rherp
a19

glad i could help!

vaughn

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!