loose stools? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-25-2005, 05:45 PM   #1
techgirl
Question loose stools?

it seems that Kalash(or collage as my bf calls her) has been having some loose stools for 3 days. i'm noticing a decreased appetite too. she does move around the tank but i have not seen her actively go after any crickets or mealworms. i actually brought her to work with me today to have her looked at but i felt sick and left early without having her seen. i'm going to see if my bf can take her later when my friend who is a vet and knows exotic will be on. i gave them all a dose of bene-bac for reptiles yesterday and am going to have a stool sample looked at and ask for a dewormer. what am i missing here? what are the causes that creates loose stools? is there anything i can do here to help her? thank you for your info.

Old 12-26-2005, 01:22 AM   #2
neatochickens27
hm, im not really sure what causes it but it happened to one of my leos about 2 months ago now.he just started recovering.he was reluctant to eat to i gave him reptile suppelent gel crap i got from the vet to keep his health up and gave reptile antibiotics to him(it looks mold in water)He just starting eating liek his old self again and i think he'll be alright.Dono if any of that helped but good luck!

Old 12-26-2005, 05:39 PM   #3
techgirl
sad news

well i took kalash to the vet last night and they gave her a warm water enema to rule out impaction but unfortunately the small scale was not working so i couldn't get any meds. i went out and bought a scale today and came home to find her dead. i guess i won't know what did it to her, most likely a heavy parasite load. i still am going to deworm the other two i have andpray that nothing she had is something they can catch. i'm glad i kept them separated.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!