Just trying out some new things.. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-12-2006, 10:59 AM   #1
KelliH
Just trying out some new things..

and actually taking the time to learn about digital photography and lighting etc, rather than just snapping pics. I feel a new addiction coming on...

Old 01-12-2006, 11:06 AM   #2
Golden Gate Geckos
Great shots, Kelli! Can you tell us what camera you used and what was done differently with each shot? For example, background color, lighting, white balance, etc.?

Old 01-12-2006, 11:23 AM   #3
KelliH
Well, I used a very ragged out Nikon Coolpix 4500 to shoot those. It just kicks the butt of my $1000 Fuji FinePix S7000 package. Anyone want to buy a camera and a ton of equipment LOL. Anyway, I used a light box on all these shots and also three lights, one above the box and one on either side. The bulbs are cool lights that are very close to actual sunlight. Custom white balance. These were all basically test shots, I am still figuring out the lights and I am actually making an attempt at shooting on Manual settings rather than Auto on my camera. I have several picture requests to fulfill in the next couple of days, so I will be experimenting a bit more I am certain. I am itching to get a digital SLR and some studio strobes, but I will have to hold off for awhile on that. Here's a pic of the patty girl you sent me. Her name is "Mercy" and I think she's awesome.

Old 01-12-2006, 01:17 PM   #4
Dennis Hultman
Very nice Kelli. I thought you were already a professional photographer by the quality of your past pictures.

Old 01-13-2006, 03:12 AM   #5
paulv
Wow Nice pictures Kelly. I need to get myself a proper setup aswell. Maybe post some pics of you setup for inspiration!

thanks

paul

Old 01-13-2006, 01:49 PM   #6
Golden Gate Geckos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Here's a pic of the patty girl you sent me. Her name is "Mercy" and I think she's awesome.
WOW, Kelli, fantastic photo of Mercy! I'm glad you are happy with her and thrilled to have a Golden Gate Gecko in the HISS colonies!

Old 01-13-2006, 02:00 PM   #7
PaulSage
Great shots, Kelli, and great animals too! Thanks for the info on the camera settings and such. I'm trying to figure all that stuff out right now too.

(Marcia, your patties rule! )

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!