visit to the vet? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-15-2006, 01:02 PM   #1
Time2Die4
Question visit to the vet?

how much would it cost for me to go to the vet and see if my bp is ok. and see if he/she is a he/she? i think my bp has a resp. infection but the pet store snake guy person said he has a cold. can bps get colds?

Old 01-15-2006, 02:19 PM   #2
Bill & Amy
As said in the other thread, colds are the same thing as respiratory infection. Take him to the vet, regardless of the cost. If you can't afford it, ask to make payments, but the sooner you got the vet the better. Respiratory infection is easily fixed if caught early, if you wait too long your snake could die. By the way I would quit asking the "pet store guy" for help, is this the same guy that you got the snake from? I found very few "pet store people" that know a lot about reptiles (at least in my area), you will get a better, honest and truthful answer here on Fauna.

Old 01-15-2006, 02:32 PM   #3
Time2Die4
how much cash?

i think im am going to take him to the vet today or tomorrow do you guys know how much it may be?

Old 01-15-2006, 03:02 PM   #4
coyote
Eric, when you contact the vet office to make the appointment ask them what their fees are. No one here can tell you that. Fees charged vary from vet to vet and region to region. You will have to call and ask.

Old 01-15-2006, 09:56 PM   #5
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
Eric, when you contact the vet office to make the appointment ask them what their fees are. No one here can tell you that. Fees charged vary from vet to vet and region to region. You will have to call and ask.
Also, make sure the vet you are going to is one who treats reptiles, specifically snakes.

Just like doctors specialize, vets don't treat all animals.

-Scott Ashton

Old 01-15-2006, 10:43 PM   #6
evansnakes
Get your snake more heat, more humidity and then the vet will get it on antibiotics for you. It will cost you $50-100 typically if it just has a simple respiratory infection to visit the office. Then it may require you going back for a series of injections of antibiotics which will cost you again. You sound like you may need to do some homework on the care required to keep your animal healthy. It is always best to get everything the animal needs and do things right from day one. Good luck. Evan

Old 01-16-2006, 12:58 PM   #7
LadyOhh
If in doubt, go to a vet... It's not worth sacrificing the snakes life just on a hunch.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!