Some People's Children!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:55 PM   #1
Junkyard
Some People's Children!!!

The thread title has nothing to do with children, just my saying for people who I think deserve such a comment.

Like many others, when I send an e-mail inquiry about some animals I want to purchase I have a list of questions that I usually run through if they are not answered by the ad. A few days ago I sent an e-mail to someone about purchasing 4 snakes from them. The ad was somewhat specific, but I had only three (3 that is it) questions. They were simple 1) Price? 2) CBB or WC? 3) handled at all? Guess how many questions were answered. In fact I will make it easy for you, some were between one and one.

Why is it that people cannot answer all the questions?

Just one! That's it? That's all I get? Do you not want me to purchase from you? I know I am not spending a few grand, but at least act like it.

Try to sell them to me, tell me how great they are and how much I will love them. Be a used car salesman and sell me a pine tree air freshener too for an extra thousand $$, tell me it will enhance the looks of the car and sexy women will do anything they can to go for a ride. Make me feel that buying from you is the smartest decision I will make.

What is annoying, is that the people who answer the least amount of questions seem to be the big guys. The e-mail I received back is supposed to be great e-mail communication? That is what I am to expect from people who are the best in the business? I have learned that it is the smaller breeders who take more pride in their animals, they are the one who answer all my question plus some.

Old 01-24-2006, 04:01 PM   #2
Mister Internet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
That is what I am to expect from people who are the best in the business? I have learned that it is the smaller breeders who take more pride in their animals, they are the one who answer all my question plus some.
That's because they're generally the only ones with the time to do so... I think about it this way, if building a "brand name" doesn't carry enough weight that people will automatically assume a certain level of quality/delivery, then whta's the incentive to build your name? The reason Bob Clark probably wouldn't answer all of them is because he doesn't have to... hot because he's being a jerk, but because he's Bob Clark, and he'll send you an animal you'll be happy with.

Now, your questions are specific, and generally if an ad didn't mention those specifics up front, I probably wouldn't consider the animal anyway... it's far too easy for someone to put up a "quick unload" animal, and then when they get a bite (you) asking if it's CB, to say "oh sure". If it's legit CBB, it will be in the ad the first time...

Don't believe me, try going shopping for BMWs sometime... the sales people don't really do much more than walk you around the parking lot. They don't pressure sell because they don't have to... if you have to be convinced to buy a BMW, you probably don't know enough about cars to be owning one anyway...

Old 01-24-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
Junkyard
Going to a BMW lot is different than a used car lot. I still had two questions unanswered, does that not mean anything? I really do not think time has that much to do with not answering questions.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:07 PM   #4
pogonadragon
Same thing happened to hubby and me. Someone saw I would do a LOCAL trade (we are in Mid/upper CA) or sell our juvie. Well, the person inquiring said they would like to trade their collared for our juvie. I specified we would take a ball python, corn, or leo in trade. Also, I SPECIFIED MULTIPLE times that it had to be LOCAL, no shipping. I stressed the local part a few times, asked specific care questions regarding collareds (heat, uvb, food, substrate, enclosure size?) and where they were located. They didn't answer ANY of my care questions and simply said they lived in SOUTHERN California!!! That was SOOO annoying. I was very specific in telling them local only. Not only that, but I had specific animals I wanted to trade for.
Some people baffle me.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:03 PM   #5
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
Going to a BMW lot is different than a used car lot. I still had two questions unanswered, does that not mean anything? I really do not think time has that much to do with not answering questions.
I agree....if they have the time to ramble on about how great they are, and how you'll love them and regret not buying them, they should very well have the time to answer 3 simple questions.

No matter what business you are in, customer service SHOULD be the foundation of your business, no matter how "big" you get....or how "small" you are.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:21 AM   #6
Junkyard
I always work to make the customer happy and satisfied with my animals. If I meet them in person than I really do not need to say a lot, my animals will speak for themselves, but online is a different story. I have met Bob Clark once, but I was not in the market at the time, and currently his prices are more than I want to spend.

If I never heard of him, does it still matter if I am ignored because he "thinks" that because he is so big that I should automatically be happy. Heck, a long time ago I thought Ray Torres was a good guy, but the BOI has brought light to that.

I was always one to remember that the only reason people are so popular, big, and the best is because of the people that buy their animals. We are nobody with out or fans, our friends, and our family. We need to remember that they are the ones who keep us in our status, without them we are nothing. We need to be nice and remember everyone deserves the same kind of care. There is a pet store down here that everyone in the country just loves, their customer service is awesome. There animals are garbage, but they will always have customers because their service is some of the best I have ever seen. For that reason they are so popular.

No matter how famous you become, remember that in the end we are all ants under a shoe. If you are a jerk in life, your legacy will be such. If you are a wonderful person, than your legacy will be far above the latter.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!