What do you guys think of these cages? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-09-2006, 10:45 PM   #1
Caponis
What do you guys think of these cages?

by the way I am new here and am looking for a custom bearded cage.I saw these cages online and seem to be priced good. What do you think.? If I dont go with a custom cage I am just going to go with a 48x18x18 aquarium.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Custom...661574QQsofpZ0

Old 02-09-2006, 10:55 PM   #2
Caponis
Anyone??

Anyone??

Old 02-10-2006, 12:13 AM   #3
Clay Davenport
The cage looks nice from the pictures, but I'd have to see one to be able to accurately evaluate it.
The only problem I see is the lexan door. Using it as a beardie cage, the door will get scratched up. I put an adult beardie in a empty snake cage once as a temporary measure while I built additional caging. It didn't take long before the 1/4" plexiglass door was so scratched it looked cloudy.
Lexan it tougher than plexiglass in respect to breakage, btu I don't know about scratch resistance. I've used both materials, but I've never subjected lexan to a bearded dragon's nails.
Every beardie cage I built was either large and open topped, or had 1/4" plate glass doors.

Old 02-10-2006, 01:36 AM   #4
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caponis
Anyone??
patience.
I have a few of those cages. I bought them (from the guy that builds them, not that ebay seller), and quickly decided that they did not suit my needs/purposes. If you have any interest in the 36x18x18 version, let me know.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:30 PM   #5
Caponis
As far as did not suit your needs what do you mean. Were they carp or they just werent the right size for you.

Old 02-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #6
hhmoore
They just weren't right for what I was keeping. Believe me - if they were crap, I would have just sent you a PM saying so. I did use one of them briefly, & had no problems

Old 02-11-2006, 10:15 AM   #7
Court308
one more problem would be that the crickets would be able to crawl up the sides of the tank.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:06 PM   #8
EclipseExotics
What about a layer of clear coat on the lexan, I don't know how that would work with animals, but I know it was a lifesaver of my Ttops.

Old 11-27-2006, 02:11 PM   #9
Reptile Cages
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Davenport
The cage looks nice from the pictures, but I'd have to see one to be able to accurately evaluate it.
The only problem I see is the lexan door. Using it as a beardie cage, the door will get scratched up. I put an adult beardie in a empty snake cage once as a temporary measure while I built additional caging. It didn't take long before the 1/4" plexiglass door was so scratched it looked cloudy.
Lexan it tougher than plexiglass in respect to breakage, btu I don't know about scratch resistance. I've used both materials, but I've never subjected lexan to a bearded dragon's nails.
Every beardie cage I built was either large and open topped, or had 1/4" plate glass doors.
Just to add information...There is the choice of using Lexan or Glass with these enclosures.

Old 11-27-2006, 02:13 PM   #10
Reptile Cages
Quote:
Originally Posted by Court308
one more problem would be that the crickets would be able to crawl up the sides of the tank.
Just to add information...Crickets would not be able to escape, We use 1/8" Heavy Steel Gauge Hardware Cloth Mesh for the top.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!