New Bearded Dragon Owner - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-02-2006, 02:50 PM   #1
Pavo
New Bearded Dragon Owner

OK, so I am getting 3 baby Beardie's this weekend. Even though I have read all materials I can find on the web I wanted to get some more opinions from those viewing here.

What to Set up in the Tank?

And what to Feed?

Thanks,

Old 03-02-2006, 04:21 PM   #2
techgirl
congrats on your 3 new babies. i just got one on sunday. right now i have a basic setup, a basking spot, water bowl, bowl for veggies, bowl to hold bugs. feed crickets appropriately sized for them. mine is 5 months and i also feed mealies and discoids. i use the bearded dragon dust from t-rex for supplement and every 4th feeding i use rep-cal herpitivite and rep-cal vitamin D3. i use jurassi-cal on the veggies. i'm still a newbie when it comes to beardies. definitely do a fecal on them. mine has pinworms and coccidia and getting treated for it. good luck with the babies.

Old 03-02-2006, 04:48 PM   #3
Pavo
Well Thank You and good luck to you too.

Old 03-03-2006, 05:44 PM   #4
NicoleO
Three beardies will be a handful I can tell you that since I have 3 and I've had one since long before he was ever born lol. I will recomend that you keep them all seperate because I learned the hard way that when they hit sexual maturity that they'll breed wether you like it or not and more than likely if you end up with two males they will fight if they're together unless he's like one of my boys which gives his son a funny look when he tries to attack his dad lol. One of the most important things is to make sure that you have a good UV light for them and taking them out in the summer is good for them too since natural sunlight is much better than artificial. I have a little plastic kids pool that I put a little water in for my beardies to swim during the summer and they love it. I almost forgot its good to give your beardies a bath about once a week since most beardies won't drink from standing water plus the humidity might get to high with a water dish in their tanks and give them an upper respiratory infection. One more thing here's a fantastic site that can help you choose the proper vegetables for you beardies its www.beautifuldragons.com they have a wonderful list of what not to feed your beardies so they can live long and healthy lives. I don't mean to sound like a care sheet but I'd hate to see someone make the same mistakes I did in the begining but I made those mistakes for the safety of my beardies since I took my first two from a home where they were getting worse care than they did with me until I found out what I was doing.

Old 03-03-2006, 06:24 PM   #5
Matt Haines
Keep a close eye on the sizes of the 3 dragons if they are going to be in the same enclosure. You want to make sure that they are all within 1/2" of each other's size. If one or two start outgrowing the others then it will only be a matter of time before the smaller of the group ends up with missings limbs.

When you say babies, how old or what size are they going to be? It sometimes helps hinder some stress if you cover the sides of the tank with construction paper to limit their range of sight.

Other than that, most care sheets that you may have read cover things very well. If you haven't read it yet, Vicki from Dachiu has an excellent care sheet for dragons.

Good luck and hope you have fun with your new additions.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!