Any of you know Cisco routers? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 04-21-2006, 07:48 AM   #1
starwarsdad
Any of you know Cisco routers?

I just got an 831 to learn and play on and am having trouble with the config.

Old 04-22-2006, 12:18 AM   #2
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwarsdad
I just got an 831 to learn and play on and am having trouble with the config.

What are you having trouble with?

Old 04-22-2006, 09:48 AM   #3
starwarsdad
The whole thing.

When I use the built in web interface, the java progress bar runs for hours without applying my config. When I telnet in, it does not recognize any commands. I have not been able to get in on the console at all.

Old 04-22-2006, 11:24 AM   #4
jglass38
Are you able to telnet successfully? If so, did you perform the enable command and enter the enable password? All configurations need to be done from the enable (#) prompt.

Old 04-22-2006, 04:46 PM   #5
starwarsdad
I can telnet to it and have a basic config on it. I cheated though and used the web interface. It finally started accepting my changes this morning. I am not happy with the config and would rather do it from the CLI. I am having trouble figuring out how to set up the PPPoE connection. I guess I can just copy my current config and use the stuff from it for the time being and add and subtract as needed/desired.

Old 04-22-2006, 06:33 PM   #6
Scott Ashton
What about using a rollover cable to acess the console port?

Old 04-23-2006, 12:02 AM   #7
starwarsdad
I found a tutorial online and nuked it. I am now in on console and have set up passwords and enabled eth0. I would like to telnet in now, but I cannot seem to get fasteth1 up??? It is going to take some long nights and I have my Mac cert exams to study for on top of this......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!