White Plains Show today !!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 04-23-2006, 07:02 PM   #1
nicolai
White Plains Show today !!!!!

The white plains show today was great. There were tons of vendors and a great selection. The prices were better then normal as well. The isles were wide enough that you didnt get knocked around trying to get up and down the isles. I would bet that all the vendors did rather well with the great turn out they had at the show today.
I hope all the future shows are like the one today. Just goes to show you that our hobby is growing !!!

Old 04-23-2006, 07:40 PM   #2
hhmoore
I didn't sell a thing
Last minute crisis kept me upstate. I had hoped to at least make a late morning/early afternoon arrival to shop.

Old 04-23-2006, 07:48 PM   #3
jglass38
It was a heckuva show! A bit on the warm side but some excellent vendors there and some beautiful animals. I picked up a Crested (my first) and a nice 05 CB female Ball (plus some supplies). My fiance enjoyed it as well and so did her 10 yr old brother. Sorry you couldnt make it Harald! I looked all around for you...

Old 04-23-2006, 08:40 PM   #4
nicolai
You missed a heck of a show harold, sorry. they had like 15 extra tables on the stage. I was very surprised at the prices, everyone was very competitive at the show. Robbie hamper had some real real nice crested geckos. PM herp had some real nice snakes. there was something for everyone at this show.

Old 04-23-2006, 08:44 PM   #5
jglass38
Some thoughts from White Plains

So today was my first time attending the reptile expo at White Plains and all in all it was a pretty good experience! The place was unusually hot, especially on the upper stage area where I felt like I was doing a Broadway musical with the amount of spotlights on me. There was an excellent selection of vendors and tons of different reptiles to fit anyones tastes. The vendors that I met were all awesome. Rich from Reptile Basics was a super nice guy. The guys from Outback Reptiles were cordial and helpful. Joe Compel (who I have emailed with in the past) was a really nice guy and it was good to finally meet him! Screameleons have some insane Chams!! Vin Russo had some nice snakes and was chatting with anyone who stopped by. The folks from Herpenclosures.com were friendly and they make a good looking product! You could have easily spent 2 hours and not seen everything there. There were some good deals to be had if you looked around. By the way, there are some ugly Pastel Balls out there!! Can't wait for the next one!

Old 04-23-2006, 08:44 PM   #6
jglass38
Nick, what did you end up getting?

Old 04-23-2006, 08:52 PM   #7
nicolai
i got (5 dart frogs,1 dart frog set up ,several carniverous plants-black jungle),, (2 crested - robbie hamper), (4 red eye tree frogs - ????), ( albino male bell leo - ???? guy in the last row on the left), 2 pixie frogs. 2 long tail skinks - for my daughter.

Old 04-23-2006, 09:00 PM   #8
jglass38
Sounds like you did pretty good!

Old 04-23-2006, 09:24 PM   #9
hhmoore
believe me - all things considered, I would have rather been at the show...even though I wasn't planning on being competitive with some of the stuff I would have been offering up. (I had been considering putting my 2yr old diamonds and longicaudas on the table - the prices would have been right around market, but I wasn't gonna budge on them). All I know is I would have much less of a headache if I had spent my day in White Plains. My apologies to all that were looking for me.

Old 04-23-2006, 09:30 PM   #10
nicolai
Quote:
Originally Posted by jglass38
Sounds like you did pretty good!

yes I did !!! Can't wait for the next show!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!