All Pet Expo Round Rock , Texas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 05-02-2006, 01:00 PM   #1
Lynn
All Pet Expo Round Rock , Texas

There will be a All Pet Expo in Round Rock , Texas...Stop by and say hi..

There will be lots of birds and puppies with a some reptiles..This is something new for this area....I will have a few surprises on my table...Come check them out..

The show will be May 6th and 7th.

Sat 9am to 5 pm

Sun 9am tp 4pm

Old Settlers Association
3300 Palm Valley Blvd

Round Rock, Texas. 78664

Old 05-02-2006, 01:28 PM   #2
Tim Cole
Exclamation Sounds scary!

I hope no one has large boids out there. I have images of a large Burm smelling the birds and grabbing the first person that walks by!

Puppeis? Why on earth would anyone be be selling puppies when the area shelters euthanize 50,000+ a year? Having worked as an Animal Control Officer I admit to having a strong opinion about this.

Lynn,
We will be checking it out and will visit with you and Sprocket Sat.

Old 05-02-2006, 01:49 PM   #3
Lynn
Tim I hear you on the puppy thing..All are lap puppies...As far big snakes...I doubt there will be any..The promtor does not do big..for a list of reptiles check out http://www.birdsandpets.com

this is what is supposed to be there. I believe there will be vendors from Oklahoma if they did not change their mind..may be some from Kansas.... i will be bring Bearded Dragons, Ball Pythons and small counts of crickets...Do not know if there will be any rats and mice..Pet Snake Snacks may come down....I imagine a few vendors from San Antonio may show up also..

Old 05-02-2006, 02:26 PM   #4
Tim Cole
Thumbs down So much for a responcible show!

Iguanas, Red-eared Sliders, Box Turtles (hope these are cb), & Burms! Not to mention a lot of animals are miss-spelled. So many good herps out there for pets and someone is selling animals that are destined to be rescues! I get calls every week from people GIVING AWAY Green Iguanas, Red-eared Sliders, and large Boids. Or even worse, I get calls to catch them in peoples yards because they have been released.

Too bad OUR Show ethics are not a standard.

Please notify the show promotors about this thread and lets see what they have to say.

Old 05-02-2006, 03:04 PM   #5
Ravnos
I'll check it out, as I also have furred and feathered pets too, and really need to buy some new bird toys... but the sale of the three most dumped pet reptiles (sliders, burms and iguanas) and the blurry picture of a collared lizard doesn't really inspire me much. And vine snakes, while not dangerously venomous, city ordinance in Round Rock may have a different opinion on that especially in a public setting.

Adam

Old 05-02-2006, 03:54 PM   #6
Lynn
Wow..I did not mean to start a war...I do these shows to educate...Doing these shows in the DFW area had brought a lot of new people into the reptile world..They come up to me at The Texas Reptile Expos and Bob Clarks show and thank me for showing them a new world.. I thought I was doing a good thing..I am sorry if I offended anyone...No more promoting show for me again..I will leave it to the promoters...

Old 05-02-2006, 05:11 PM   #7
Ravnos
No war or offense, just commenting. I think reptiles, and "exotic" pets in general need all the good press and educational opportunities that they can get, and just think that certain animals have a habit of finding their way into the rescue/rehab situations a lot more than others, and show promoters should really be aware of that before endorsing their sale. *shrug* As I said, I'll check it out. Can't pass up a local pet expo of any kind.

Adam

Old 05-16-2006, 01:21 PM   #8
DAND
So, how was the show?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!