Double Hets or visual hets? Which way to go? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-04-2006, 10:11 PM   #1
SPJ
Double Hets or visual hets? Which way to go?

For next season what would you think would be the best route?

I am wondering if I should go albino x hypo and get double hets or if I should go pastel x hypo and get pastel het hypo.

Which would be the best way to go in your opinion?

I've never seen a ghost albino and thought it would be pretty cool but I have seen a ghost pastel and they are awesome.

No matter which way I go I could hopefully breed the albino and pastel to several normal females afterwards.

Soo many choices.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:17 PM   #2
v2rherp
i'd go for the pastel het hypo! imo, hypo pastels are awesome looking.

vaughn

Old 05-04-2006, 10:31 PM   #3
Cat_72
Some of the albino combinations I have seen have been a bit disappointing.....I'm not sure what an albino hypo would really look like to tell you the truth. It might be neat, but I get the feeling it wouldn't be that much different looking than a "regular" albino. Unless of course, you're just aiming for the "double het" for breeding purposes.

And yeah....the pastel hypos are really cool looking.

I'm NO help whatsoever, lol.

Old 05-04-2006, 10:43 PM   #4
avdnco
Pastel Hypos ! Joe Compel's are awsome looking!
Think Hypo albino will be pretty washed out.
MHO
A

Old 05-05-2006, 12:04 AM   #5
Clay Davenport
I'd definately take the pastel/hypo route. A friend of mine has one of those and it is an amazing looking snake. It would be an excellent way to increase the dropping value of the pastels as well.
The bonus is, pastel being codom, you only have to keep one of the babies, the opposite sex of the hypo parent, to produce hypo pastels yourself.
We may all be fooled, but I too tend to think a hypo albino would be a disappointment, especially when compared to a hypo pastel.

Old 05-13-2006, 02:24 PM   #6
SPJ
Pastel/Hypo it is then.

I still think a hypo albino may just surprise people but that will be something I'll try next time. LOL.

Old 05-13-2006, 03:30 PM   #7
NEWReptiles
Quote:
Pastel/Hypo it is then.
Good call, the pastel ghost is 1,000,000,000x better looking than the albino ghost.

This next season thats all we are doing. het Pied, ghost and clown pastels. We are so stuck on the pastel combos and thank god we hung on to a bunch of pastels girls over the last few years.

Good luck and hopefully the odd gods will be good to you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!