Who's going to send me some Blue Bell? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 06-22-2006, 08:48 PM   #1
Griz
Who's going to send me some Blue Bell?

Ok, I keep hearing about this Blue Bell Ice Cream and it's killing me. I guess you can say I am a bit of an addict and am always looking for new tastes. I researched the brand and it sounds great but they don't offer it in Illinois. So, which one of you is going to make my day?

Griz

Old 06-22-2006, 08:49 PM   #2
DAND
I'd bet as nice as Lucille is she won't part with any.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:23 PM   #3
kggjr
We live in the same county that produces it here in Tennessee, actually it is my hometown, they through a party and gave the town several samples when it opened I believe it was the quart size in a couple of different flavors.

Old 06-22-2006, 11:27 PM   #4
Lucille
David, I'm not sure it would work even if I were to part with a half gallon or two, it is a long way from Texas to Illinois.

I get shipped frozen mice in an insulated box with dry ice, and I considered just putting the Blue Bell in that box as soon as I received my next mouse shipment, but I'm not sure it would stay froze all the way up there.
And overnighting Blue Bell is way too expensive.

There are other Southern folks that might be going your way in person on a trip or convention, that might be a good bet too.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:26 AM   #5
Griz
Well, I found on their site that they will dry ice ship 2 gallons of the stuff for $89 shipped!!! Man, that's some expensive ice cream! Maybe if I could try it first I might be tempted but without knowing for certain that I would like it, I just could not bite that big of a bullet!

C'mon Lucille, ship me some out of good will for man!

Griz

Old 06-23-2006, 09:38 AM   #6
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griz
Well, I found on their site that they will dry ice ship 2 gallons of the stuff for $89 shipped!!! Man, that's some expensive ice cream! Maybe if I could try it first I might be tempted but without knowing for certain that I would like it, I just could not bite that big of a bullet!

C'mon Lucille, ship me some out of good will for man!

Griz
Bob,

Email your address. Specify flavor.

I think in a couple/three weeks I'm gonna buy me some more rodents from the Big Cheese Rodent Factory and when they arrive I will send the ice cream to you in the insulated box and dry ice they provide, but will send it ground, as overnighting it would cost me $89 too. Hopefully the ice cream will get there froze.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:31 PM   #7
Griz
Lucille, I certainly thank you for the offer but I am only half-heartedly kidding.

Is it really worth all of the fuss the people make over this stuff? I love Breyers and make a lot of homemade ice cream myself. We were just at an amish house where they make the ice cream via horse power! This little pony walks in a circle which stirs the ice cream. In just a short period of time it's ready. Very neat to see!

Griz

Old 06-23-2006, 12:52 PM   #8
Lucille
I like Blue Bell, but the best ice cream I've ever tasted was in this tiny family run ice cream shop in Manhattan my father used to go to when HE was young.
I don't recall the name but they made all their ice cream by hand the old fashioned way and it was delicious.
I remember when Dad wanted to take us out for a treat he would bring us to this ice cream shop and order for us something they named 'The Kitchen Sink' which was this huge serving dish of different flavors of homemade ice cream along with different toppings, which they would set in the center of the table and give everyone a spoon.
Us kids thought that was the best treat anywhere.

Good memories.

Old 06-30-2006, 08:27 AM   #9
RJBILBY
Ice Cream

We are fortunate enough here in Cincinnati to have a small chain called Graeters Ice Cream. This store consistantly makes Oprah Winfrey's list of favorite things every year and their business is booming because of it. They have a website, www.Graeters.com and do ship. It is expensive. $50.00 for 6 pints and $80.00 for 12 pints. It is exceptional, but even as much of an ice cream lover as I am I don't know if I would pay this much. Definitely worth trying if in the area though.

Rick..........Black Raspberry Chip is the best!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!