its time for a round of NAME....THAT...BALL - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-20-2006, 08:03 PM   #1
bear
its time for a round of NAME....THAT...BALL

ok people, this is just a little fun idea i had to help clarify some of the more difficult traits to spot, such as yellow bellys, womas, sables etc... and even just random odd balls, not to say that most of us cant spot them but there are some very close calls or wannabees out there and we all have them in our collections, so lets throw up our odd balls and see what everyone thinks.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:55 PM   #2
HerpKeeperVA
Ok, I'll play. One of my odd girls. Nice high flamer/blusher. I thought I had her belly pics on Photobucket, but her belly is clean all the way down (like the glimpse you get in the one pic below) and she's got black stripes down either side of her belly near her tail like a het pied marker. I don't know if this constitutes as a "ringer" but one of her faded spots (first pic, very bottom, light spot right before the continuous "squiggle" looking pattern)actually turns into a yellow band that goes across her belly. I got her to be a mate for my pastel =)

Old 09-21-2006, 10:54 PM   #3
bear
beautiful snake, reminds me of a yeller belley with all that blushing. should make awesome high blushing pastels thanks for playing!! well since i started this i guess i should put a little something up, heres a little guy i picked up at a local pet store... HA i wish... but seriously i'll get some picks of my odds and ends up soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lesser.jpg (91.0 KB, 239 views)

Old 09-21-2006, 11:19 PM   #4
djsreptiles2005
I have one...Here's an awesome girl we pick up at the last show we were at... And yes she has a completely clear belly...

Old 09-21-2006, 11:22 PM   #5
bear
also a nice blusher, but im also very interested in the eyes on that one they look almost like spider eyes. very nice!

Old 09-21-2006, 11:53 PM   #6
Ed Clark
Heres a odd ball for ya. captive hatched import baby 2004. I seen something different in her. this pic. is a year old. she keeps getting whiter and whiter as she grows.and she will be a breeder this winter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new girl.JPG (80.6 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg new girl 2.JPG (80.5 KB, 138 views)

Old 09-22-2006, 01:08 AM   #7
Ed Clark
Heres 2 recent pics. of my girl, shes 1100 grams and slamming med. rats.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my girl.JPG (77.9 KB, 116 views)
File Type: jpg my girl 4.JPG (78.4 KB, 136 views)

Old 09-22-2006, 10:08 AM   #8
HerpKeeperVA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark
Heres 2 recent pics. of my girl, shes 1100 grams and slamming med. rats.
I have a ball that is developing speckling like that, just not as drastic. She just did the weirdest thing, though. Over the past year she's gotten darker and darker, with more speckling showing up as she aged. I was wondering if she was a hypo-mel, she was turning so dark. She just shed about two days ago, and when I pulled her out to check on her last night, she was the most brilliant gold again, like when she was a hatchling. She's normally somewhat lighter after a shed, but not this light. I don't know how to explain that one.

And the pics I posted earlier, a LOT of people say she looks like a YB. She's just missing the head spot and speckling on her belly. But I've seen supposed "YB"s for sale on KS that look like her, probably fakes, though. I plan on line breeding her, just to see if she carries anything special. The most I'm expecting though, is just nice looking pastels, and hopes that her blushing is genetic.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:11 PM   #9
bear
that is very interesting, i think those would both be great candidates to breed into an albino gene. maybe it would turn out like MKR's yellow blush albino...

Old 09-22-2006, 12:56 PM   #10
HerpKeeperVA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear
that is very interesting, i think those would both be great candidates to breed into an albino gene. maybe it would turn out like MKR's yellow blush albino...

Ooooooh, I hadn't thought about that! You're right, the blushing shows up as a nice orange/yellow patch. I was considering buying a male albino in the spring, but it was a tie between that, a mojhave, and a spider. I'm pretty certain I'm going with the albino, though. Pleeeeeeeeeease let her blushing be genetic!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!