my mice wont breed!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:44 PM   #1
rathergood
Exclamation my mice wont breed!!

i dont know why my mice wont breed i have one male to 3 females for almost a month and no babies!! i do hold the mice on oocasion could that be stressing them ou so they dont breed?

Old 09-21-2006, 04:05 PM   #2
DeadIrishD
whats the temps?

I've noticed that mice will breed more when it's not so hot.

Old 09-21-2006, 04:46 PM   #3
rathergood
Thumbs up temps

its about 70 or 65 inside the house

Old 09-21-2006, 06:12 PM   #4
barbie69
I added kitten chow(the cheap kind)to their regular food and mine became breeding nuts!! No idea if this will help but it is something someone told me and it seemed to help. Good luck! Hope you have some babies soon!

Old 09-21-2006, 06:30 PM   #5
rathergood
is kitten chow a brand or just any kitten food? dry or wet?

Old 09-21-2006, 07:19 PM   #6
Bill & Amy
It is too early to expect babies. They usually take some time to "settle" in and begin to breed. Then it takes approx. 4 weeks of gestation before having babies. All that is assuming they were old enough to breed to begin with. So relax, it will happen eventually.

Old 09-21-2006, 08:54 PM   #7
rathergood
is it OK to hold them(mice not the babies) and what do you do with the babies do you keep them with the mother? and sparate them from the others?

Old 09-22-2006, 08:48 AM   #8
barbie69
just dry kitten food, any brand. They seem to love it too. No idea if it really worked but I had waited quite some time and as soon as I added it to their diet I had prego mommy's. I still use reg mice chow but add this to the diet while breeding.

Old 09-22-2006, 08:52 AM   #9
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rathergood
is it OK to hold them(mice not the babies) and what do you do with the babies do you keep them with the mother? and sparate them from the others?
I keep the breeding group together at all times, you will find the other mom's and the dad will help out with the babies. I don't hold any of my breeders, my girlfriend will open the tubs from time to time and "pet" them.

Old 09-22-2006, 01:18 PM   #10
barbie69
I keep my mice families together too...they really do help each other. And I never held mine but my daughters friends would come over and pet the mice because they were afraid if the snakes .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!