New advertisement problems? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:15 AM   #1
Cat_72
New advertisement problems?

OK, so I notice there have been a few changes around here lately, with some Google stuff and new ad banners below the toobar where it lists "user cp, FAQ, Trader ratings", etc. I don't see as many changes when I'm logged in, I do notice it more when I on occasion stop in from work and don't log in, and none of the changes have bothered me until now.

I currently see a banner type ad for something called, "Study Buddy", but when I click on the "search" or "quick links" to get the drop down menus, they go BEHIND the ad, and I cannot use the search function, nor whatever items in the quick links menu are behind the ad. I do a lot of searching on here, and not being able to use it is REALLY annoying me! Anyone else having this issue??? Any way to correct it? I've got all of my pop-up blocker type stuff on.........

Old 09-26-2006, 09:22 AM   #2
Bill & Amy
Mine seems to be working fine.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:38 AM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
What browser are you using? and what version? It could just be that... If you dont already, id recommend getting Mozilla Firefox. So much better than IE

Old 09-26-2006, 09:43 AM   #4
Cat_72
Hm......a different ad is up now, and the search and everything are fine with that ad.

Pftht, now I look dumb. LOL.

Old 09-26-2006, 09:45 AM   #5
Mike Greathouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
What browser are you using? and what version? It could just be that... If you dont already, id recommend getting Mozilla Firefox. So much better than IE
Absolutely!

I switched to Firefox a couple of months ago and Microsoft will never get me back.

With Firefox, you simply load the extensions that you want to use. The impact on your processor is much lower. I also recommend the NoScript extension. It allows you to decide what is blocked and what gets through. Not all pop-up blockers can do this. On Fauna, I allow faunaclassifieds and faunaads, but do not allow googlesyndication. Bottom line - I don't see any of the google ads.

Try it out - you'll love it.

I have also switched from Microsoft Outlook to Mozilla Thunderbird.
Another great (free) product.

Old 09-26-2006, 10:33 AM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Hm......a different ad is up now, and the search and everything are fine with that ad.

Pftht, now I look dumb. LOL.

:P nah somtimes ads just mess with the code. I still say make the switch to Firefox, and check out all the extensions you can add on.

If you use Gmail as your email service you can get a Gmail Notification right in your navigation toolbar! you dont even have to GO to the webiste to see that you have mail.

They have all sorts of ad blocking extensions too which can block everything you can think of. Its really the most handy browser you could ever use!

Also, its got tabbed browsing. Meaning.. you dont have a thousand windows open at the bottom of the start bar. the tabs are all just under the navigation bar at the top of the screen!

Old 10-02-2006, 06:09 AM   #7
TripleMoonsExotic
For those of you applauding FireFox...

You might want to take into consideration that a lot of websites go screwy in that browser. Something in the codeing is not reading websites correctly (specifically I've noticed with CSS). You'd think if it was supposed to be the next great thing in web browsers that they'd fix the issue.

I use FireFox only when I am here & on cornsnakes.com because I can completely block the ads that have been here as of late.

Old 10-02-2006, 06:19 AM   #8
Mike Greathouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
For those of you applauding FireFox...

You might want to take into consideration that a lot of websites go screwy in that browser. Something in the codeing is not reading websites correctly (specifically I've noticed with CSS). You'd think if it was supposed to be the next great thing in web browsers that they'd fix the issue.

I use FireFox only when I am here & on cornsnakes.com because I can completely block the ads that have been here as of late.
This problem can be addressed with the IE Tab extension.
It's a one click fix that changes the rendering engine. I haven't had to use it very often, but for those sites that are Firefox unfriendly, it works very well.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:15 PM   #9
TripleMoonsExotic
Hah hah. That's funny, it actually did fix the issue! I had downloaded the extension curious what it did, never bothered to use it.

It's even funnier that the great FireFox has to use an IE extension to get sites to work properly. It sad that you have to manually enter the sites in however.

Old 10-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #10
Mooing Tricycle
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
Hah hah. That's funny, it actually did fix the issue! I had downloaded the extension curious what it did, never bothered to use it.

It's even funnier that the great FireFox has to use an IE extension to get sites to work properly. It sad that you have to manually enter the sites in however.

the reason why is alot of older pages are written with IE exclusive HTML and such. I would go to some sites with the same Problems open them up in the IE tabs extension and they were fine.

Its still a fairly new browser, especially compared to IE, but theyre working out alot of the other bugs pretty well. HTML last year used to be really wonky if it was typed certain ways, or spaced funny, so you had to be careful when typing it up and such.

Im glad it helped for you and now i hope you make the complete conversion over :P firefox DOES rule!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!