Something you just don't always see..... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-28-2006, 09:34 PM   #1
The Ricker999
Something you just don't always see.....

Albino Pueblan.........

Have BOTH male and female.... Can't wait untill they're big enough to breed! Got them at the Tampa, FL show in September. I love how "clean" they look!

Old 10-28-2006, 09:44 PM   #2
The BoidSmith
They look great Rick, congratulations!

Dan

Old 10-29-2006, 12:10 AM   #3
Chris Steele
Very attractive!

Old 10-30-2006, 05:10 PM   #4
D. Mong
nice looking animal (but be aware)

I would agree, it's a nice looking animal,.....but,...there is a possibility there could be some other genetic influence in there as well, (perhaps hondurensis) be aware that many breeders introduce albinism, and other genetic mutations into other species, and subspecies of snakes in an attempt to create their own little "niche" of bloodlines that they can say they originated.......there are countless examples of this out in the market today. Just to give a few for example, (ruthveni x alterna)....(nelsoni x sinaloae)....(king x corn)...(thayeri x ruthveni).....these are just a few examples that come to mind that have had albinism introduced into them,.....once you have introduced this into a particular bloodline of animals, and then continue breeding that desired mutation through several generations (along with the desired species from which it came)...it becomes more and more dificult (if not impossible) to tell that it was actually an intergrade breeding (along with albinism in this case) that took place. Even "seasoned" herpers that have been in this a long time can sometimes be easily mislead if they are not very careful. I'm not saying this is absolutely the case for this particular animal,....but I would urge people to use extreme caution when taking the word of especially, someone you do not know very well personally,...even then, they themselves could have been easily mislead by someone who talks a good game......I know this happens in the herp market time, and time again.........I hope this info will be useful to some of the readers........................D. Mong

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!