Custom cage-building discussion group - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 11-09-2006, 11:11 PM   #1
liquidleaf
Custom cage-building discussion group

I'm so obsessed and interested in custom cage design, I finally started a discussion group just for people who are interested in building their own caging or learning how. Not sure if anyone will visit it, but I haven't seen a 'cagebuilding -ONLY' site out there so figured I'd give it a shot.

This is NOT for selling or buying cages, or discussing animals. Just talk about cage and enclosure construction and plans for home-buildable cages.

Take a look, let me know what you think!
CageMakers Discussion Group

Old 11-09-2006, 11:33 PM   #2
KrisGarner
I get a "Page cannot be diplayed" error when I try to go there. Maybe it's something with my work computer. Will try when I get home. I too would like to hear other's ideas on custom cages.

Kris

Old 11-09-2006, 11:35 PM   #3
liquidleaf
Well, I JUST set it up, so more than likely all the DNS and web server stuff has not trickled out to all the service providers yet. Hopefully you'll be able to view it within the next day or so! Thanks for trying to look! I hope it will bring some good discussion.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:48 AM   #4
KrisGarner
Works now! Guess I was just a little impatient.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:24 AM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
I just tried too and see the same thing with a white page and a yellow bar.

Hopefully tomorrow? Id love to be in a group like this, as i want to build my own setups for my animals, since glass tanks really are starting to suck! Thanks for starting it up! ^_^

Old 11-10-2006, 09:53 AM   #6
INSANE CANES
Thanks for the link....

Old 11-10-2006, 10:35 AM   #7
kellysballs
Awesome! I love it! We build all of our own cages and I think this is going to be great, I love learning about what other people are doing and using for their enclosures.

Old 11-10-2006, 10:59 PM   #8
BryonsBoas
I'll take some pics of the 2 cages I'm working on currently. I found iron on melamine , 4 x 8 sheet plastic at lowe's . Took some scratching but I figured out how to get heat inside a wooden cage without lights ... WOOOHOOOO.

Old 11-11-2006, 12:02 PM   #9
liquidleaf
Great! Thanks to those people who have already visited. I hope it'll be a good place for people to talk JUST about cage building, and help consolidate some of the awesome stuff that is floating all around in various places on the net into one spot. Already got some links to some of the "better" reptile forums on there (including Fauna, of course).

Old 11-11-2006, 07:24 PM   #10
number1steakfan
Forum is lookn good its nice to see a site devoted to cage makeing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!