Light Box Pics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-08-2007, 10:18 PM   #1
TripleMoonsExotic
Light Box Pics

Rather then a light tent, I made a light box out've foam board. It took me forever to get my camera settings just right. Let me know what you think!

Tangerine Bell

Stripe

SHTCT

Patternless

Mack

Jungle

Hypo Tang

Old 01-08-2007, 10:24 PM   #2
scotty77327
SWEEEEEET those are great if i beg will you teach me how

Old 01-08-2007, 10:25 PM   #3
Stephies_Leos
WOW those look great good work Stephanie ! I will definitely have to try that!

Old 01-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #4
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty77327
SWEEEEEET those are great if i beg will you teach me how
No begging needed.

For the light box I just used white Foam Board. Cut to everything to the size I wanted & then taped it together. I have a lamp clamped onto the top facing down. The bulb in the lamp is a Sylvania daylight bulb of some sort (my Fiance threw out the box ).

The settings on my camera (DSC-P200 7.2MP) are as follows:

Option P
EV = +0.3EV
Focus = MultiAF
Metering Mode = Multi
White Balance = Custom Set
ISO = Auto
Picture Quality = Fine
Record Mode = Normal
Flash Level = +
Saturation = +
Contrast = +
Sharpness = +

Now as far as what all that means...I have no idea...But it took me 2+ hours to figure out the perfect setting for this!

Old 01-08-2007, 10:42 PM   #5
scotty77327
wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic
No begging needed.

For the light box I just used white Foam Board. Cut to everything to the size I wanted & then taped it together. I have a lamp clamped onto the top facing down. The bulb in the lamp is a Sylvania daylight bulb of some sort (my Fiance threw out the box ).

The settings on my camera (DSC-P200 7.2MP) are as follows:

Option P
EV = +0.3EV
Focus = MultiAF
Metering Mode = Multi
White Balance = Custom Set
ISO = Auto
Picture Quality = Fine
Record Mode = Normal
Flash Level = +
Saturation = +
Contrast = +
Sharpness = +

Now as far as what all that means...I have no idea...But it took me 2+ hours to figure out the perfect setting for this!
well your hard work sure paid off they are terrific

Old 01-08-2007, 11:04 PM   #6
garweft
Those foam board light boxes do work nice. I usually make 1-2 a year and throw them out when I'm done for a while. They cost like $5-$10 to make and I don't feel like storing them. I store the compact florescents that I use, and the clamp light all come from my reptile cages and unused equipment.

If you use more clamp lights you can reduce those harsh shadows. I usually use 4 of them, clamped on to the sides and pointing at the corners. That gets a lot of light bouncing around in those boxes and gives nice, even, bright lighting.

I would post pics, but everything I did this year in boxes was on slides and color print film. My only digital is a little point and shoot Kodak. Hopefully this year I will get a digital body to go with my Canon set up.

Old 01-09-2007, 01:42 AM   #7
Leighanne
TripleMoons, you have the best Geckos here. That Mack is PRETTY!! Me like Mackie, me like Mackie!

Old 01-21-2007, 02:22 AM   #8
TripleMoonsExotic
Here's a couple more pictures from that particular photo shoot...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blaze 011006 023.jpg (29.3 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg daytona 010906 019.jpg (35.2 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg ediie 010906 044.jpg (25.3 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg glacier 010906 018.jpg (33.9 KB, 83 views)

Old 01-21-2007, 03:08 PM   #9
garweft
I finally broke down and ordered a digital SLR body to add to my Canon set-up. So I'm going to have to put together one of those again so that I can get some nice digital shots to post.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:41 PM   #10
CurtisF
Very nice pictures. That hypo tang has quite the belly on him. He's the Chris Farley of leopard geckos.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!