Hilary for Prez - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:19 PM   #1
Stardust
Hilary for Prez

Gee I never saw this one coming.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:03 PM   #2
WebSlave
I'm still trying to figure out how she became a Senator in New York when she wasn't even a resident of that state until running for that office. I can't believe New York residents actually voted for someone to represent them that obviously wasn't even interested in living there until it served her political goals.......

Old 01-21-2007, 10:12 PM   #3
Dragondad
New York has the easiest residency requirements of all states. All you have to do is have a physical address to be a resident of NY. Bobby Kennedy did in 64 and when the Clintons bought that house before they moved out they did so specifically to establish the residence in NY.

Problem is, and forget herself and the issues, I don't think anyone will ever forget the baggage she carries from Bills 8 years in office. Some might view her a victim, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that the image of victim is exactly what she wanted.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:21 PM   #4
SoulSmilen
I think there are probably more people that think she wore the pants in the family, even then. I would be really surprised to hear that the majority viewed her as a victim.

Anyone else agree?

Old 01-21-2007, 10:30 PM   #5
kmurphy
Possibly a victim when it comes to the Lewinsky affair, but she knew what Bill was doing when he handed out amnesty at the end of his term. The Clinton's don't do anything without a political motive. IMO the Dem's are crazy if they nominate her. I don't think she can win in a National election. If my small group of liberal friends are any indication, they don't even like her.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:42 PM   #6
Dragondad
Well let me put it this way, I think Hillary is smarter than Bill ever thought to be. Now with that being said I agree with Kevin in that they (the Clintons) didn't due anything without and agenda. (Well Bill may have done a few things without an agenda )

And Denise is right she isn't a victim I just think the spin doctors are going to paint the picture when her past is brought up.

I had said when the Lewinsky affair came out that she wouldn't divorce him because with him and playing martyr was more advantageous than divorcing him.

Now with all that being said. Again Kevin is right, she is not electable for the general public. She might be popular but she couldn't beat a trained monkey with the organ grinder as VP.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:47 PM   #7
SoulSmilen
So that leaves Obama.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:57 PM   #8
Dragondad
He doesn't exactly fit in the Hillary for Prez thread, but I have to say....I like the man. Nice to see someone who tells you what he thinks not what he thinks you want to hear.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:28 AM   #9
Stardust
I can not think of Hilary as a victim, not even with the "affair". I believe Bill Clinton was probably doing this type of thing for a long time, he just got caught this time. The way she handled it, or lack of handling it told me a lot about her and what is important to both of them in their relationship.
Although I believe some of their ideas are good ones, they are all about power.
I also believe that a woman can be prez, just not this woman.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:16 PM   #10
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragondad
Now with that being said I agree with Kevin in that they (the Clintons) didn't due anything without and agenda. (Well Bill may have done a few things without an agenda )
Show me one person in politics without an agenda.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!