Did Anyone see King of the Hill tonight? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 02-11-2007, 11:56 PM   #1
LadyOhh
Did Anyone see King of the Hill tonight?

It was an episode where a Burm (which did not look like a Burm) got loose in the sewer by Bobby, and basically in the end they kill it with a hammer...

Its sickening... I was horribly dissapointed in it.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:06 AM   #2
Wolfy-hound
I watched it too. I was really hoping that they'd handle it better. Instead it was basically a full-on snake-hating bunch of BS. And I usually like that show.
WolFy

Old 02-12-2007, 04:16 PM   #3
RyanT
That show is usually pretty good, but they're supposed to be a bunch of hicks. What do you expect?

Old 02-12-2007, 05:27 PM   #4
Wolfy-hound
I actually expected the typical ending where they feel sorry for the escaped pet and catch it, display it proudly and then give it to a zoo. That's the more common ending in most shows. Not practically showing a pet being beaten to death with hammers and catch poles. (they showed the guys beating, but not the snake getting hit)
I'm not saying that the show should be boycotted, I'm not proposing we march on washington. I'm saying the show disappointed me in the callous disregard for the life of a pet.
Wolfy

Old 02-12-2007, 06:19 PM   #5
boybronco
I saw it as well and was disgusted. They didn't even make the snake out to be vicious. They grabbed its tail and it didn't hiss or anything and they just beat it to death for no reason. I was horribly dissapointed in KOTH.

Old 02-12-2007, 08:38 PM   #6
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanT
That show is usually pretty good, but they're supposed to be a bunch of hicks. What do you expect?
Just because they are supposed to be "hicks" doesn't excuse animal abuse. I know plenty of "hicks" who wouldn't condone beating an animal of any kind to death with a hammer.

I "expect" a shred of common sense.

Old 02-12-2007, 10:33 PM   #7
Chris89
I was just waiting for the thread on this..

I wrote an email, if anything just to make me feel better about it..

Old 02-12-2007, 11:19 PM   #8
LadyOhh
What do you mean? You sent it to the producers?

Old 02-13-2007, 10:19 AM   #9
RyanT
You're expecting too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Just because they are supposed to be "hicks" doesn't excuse animal abuse. I know plenty of "hicks" who wouldn't condone beating an animal of any kind to death with a hammer.

I "expect" a shred of common sense.

Cathy, maybe we're both giving too much credit to cartoon characters. It's a TV show, meant to entertain. And in my experience with people, there seem to be way more lacking common sense than there are ones who have it. So therefore, in order to appeal to the masses, it's not surprising the writers would create the show that way. I didn't even see the episode. Just using my best common sense to speculate.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:43 AM   #10
Cat_72
I just don't find beating an animal to death "entertainment" in any way, shape or form.

Call me weird.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!