Sexing Kings - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Kingsnakes & Milksnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-10-2007, 02:14 AM   #1
SpAcenut
Sexing Kings

Hello,

I am sure this has been asked a thousand times, however I can't find anything by using the search feature. I am trying to figure out if there is an easy way to sex a Cali King without having to take it to the vet? Are there any photos on the different vent locations? How about Scarlet Kings, are they sexed the same way?

Thanks in advance.
Bob

Old 04-14-2007, 07:33 PM   #2
CrotalusCo
Probing is the most accurate way. This is easy to do but you should be shown how first. Maybe another keeper in your area can help you out. A probe set is fairly cheap and can be gotten many places like midwest

Old 04-14-2007, 09:24 PM   #3
ssshane
Sexing Kings

Probing is best, but maybe this photo can help. You can see the tail start to taper after the 6th subcaudal scale on the male. The female tapers immediately.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #4
SpAcenut
Sexing

Thanks SSSHane & CrotalusCo, I knew there was some type of a different in the tail thing, but I never got a straight answer. Seeing the photo definately helped. I have also added a phone of what "she" would allow me to do, I had just taken her out for a walk in the front yard and she was a bit squirlley after putting her back in her cage.. Now, can you tell if "SHe's" a she? Where can I get this probe set. I'm sure I can probably Google it, but what would I use for a search term?

I have a Scarlet King also that I'd like to check into, but that thing was NOT gona let me keep it upside down for a second, it was impossible. (plus the things are so small as it is, a photo probably wouldn't work anyway.

Thanks for any info on this ya'll can provide and thanks for the photo! Great help! (but I still am a bit unsure)

Regards,
Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg subcaudal6taperF.jpg (220.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg MVC-019F.JPG (31.8 KB, 39 views)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!