• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

4H Presentation

SPJ

Well-known member
Joined
Apr 28, 2002
Messages
7,046
Reaction score
240
Points
63
Age
57
Location
Seymour, CT
I was contacted last night by the local 4H chapter and asked if I would give a presentation on exotic animals.
I think this is great timing. Not only will I be able to educate some people on the care of exotic pets but also be able to make them aware of the rule change and maybe get the 4H people to help in the fight (this is the one time I wish I owned a burm).
Anyway, I am planning on bringing the following animals.

Childrens python (going to bring this adult male to dispel the myth that pythons are large dangerous snakes)

Bearded dragon (great pet lizard)

CB yearling common snapping turtle (I have 2 that are super docile and I think this will help ease the fear of these turtles that the general public has)

Chaco goldenkee tarantula

Emperor scorpion (and of course a black light)

I think this is a good sampling of exotics. A snake, a lizard, a turtle, a T and a scorp. Let me know what you think.
Thanks.
 
That's terrific Steve! Good luck with the presentation, sounds like a good group of critters too
 
Back
Top