• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Amazon/USPS

Lucille

New member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,037
Reaction score
1,441
Points
0
Location
Texas
I ordered a new canner, (the 23 qt induction ready, for use on a new portable induction burner) and tracking shows that it originated in a city a few miles away from me. The induction burner originated there as well. The canner was sent to Washington State before being delivered to me; the burner went to Chicago before delivery.
It looks to me like they are trying out some sort of hub system as this has not happened before, at least to me, with Amazon. I thought the whole point of Amazon setting up local warehouses was to reduce travel time and costs.
However, local to me USPS service is not very good for whatever reason. If the hub system works out so that at least I get delivery reliably from USPS, I guess it will be worthwhile.
BTW, I haven't used induction cooking before but the Presto induction canner and the Nuwave induction cooktop is a great combination.
 
Back
Top