• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

anyone had experience with serpents den?

jbuncc

New member
Joined
Feb 5, 2002
Messages
164
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
47
Location
Sarasota, FL
just wondering if anyone has had experience with the serpents den.  i have seen them advertising on kingsnake for quite some time and i think i might purchase one of their rtb's.  anyone have experience with them to share with me?
thanks
 
My experiences with Serpent's Den were exceptional. Steve is a great guy, and has actually gone above & beyond while accomodating me as a customer. All in all, I'd put him near the top of the list of "good guys" that I've had the pleasure of doing business with.
 
Maybe I caught Steve on a bad day, But when I inquired about a yellow amazon tree boa from him a couple of years ago he seemed rather jaded and uninterested in my business.  He seemed sarcastic when I asked him if he could describe the animal to me.  However, his tone perked up when he got my check. I expressed some dissatisfaction when I thought the amazon was not as bright a yellow as I'd hoped -- steve offered for me to send it back for credit on another animal only.  I opted just to keep the amazon, which turned out to be a very reluctant feeder.  All in all, not a great experience for me, but perhaps amazons are not their thing. They may do better with other species.
John Hedger
 
I bought a Spotted python from Steve. The animals was very healthy ,mite free and beautiful! I'd do business with him again. He shipped exactly when he said he would. My opinion......he's a good guy
 
It's very rare for someone to have a bad experience and then give the seller the benefit of a doubt.  Good job John Hedger, I'm impressed, I think you presented your situation in a very unbiased manner.

Steve Himes
 
Steve is a personal friend of ours & we have had many herp transactions over the years.  I can assure you that he is very professional with his business and is 100% trustworthy.  I can honestly say I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him.  He is very involved in Boa breeding of all sub-species and it is a favorite of his....I'm sure you would be pleased dealing with him.
Cecelia & Bob Conover
"Happy Herps"
http://www.happyherps.net
[email protected]
 
Back
Top