• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Baby feeding response in group setting?

Yep, I will post what I find come next feeding time. Nick, please also keep us posted like you mentioned. Thanks guys!
 
After I thaw out the f/t rats and start to blow dry them to raise their heat signature, I notice most if not all of my snakes come out of their hide from the smell of the rats. I am about 20 ft away from the rack when doing so. Just thought it was pretty cool how great their senses are, I'm sure a lot of you experience the same thing.
 
Yep, I will post what I find come next feeding time. Nick, please also keep us posted like you mentioned. Thanks guys!


Guess what? It worked. I just went back in there and she's coiled around her meal.

I don't know if letting her watch the other snake strike and eat worked, but these are the facts before today:

1) She has been offered live, stunned, F/T
2) She'd been offered rats, mice, and ASF's
3) She's been assist fed six times
4) She has never attempted a strike (besides the slight headbutt mentioned above)
5) She has been disinterested and almost scared of every meal offered

None of this worked. Coincidence that she just happened to want to eat today? Don't know, but I am glad I clicked on this thread :)

I would try this again but I am out of problem eaters. Hopefully this will work for others and we can prove it works.
 
That rocks!:thumbsup: Coincidence? I don't know, but super great timing for the way this played out for you. I might try my trouble feeder sooner now, just see how it goes. I'll report back still.
 
Back
Top