• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Baking Weather

Lucille

New member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,037
Reaction score
1,441
Points
0
Location
Texas
I just made a pound cake, it's been a good while since I made one of those. I had forgotten how easy and delicious they are. And you don't need a recipe, you just use a pound of everything!
But then again, I can never seem to remember how many large eggs in a pound, so:

Leave 1 pound of butter out overnight.

Preheat to 325

In a large bowl put the butter, 2 1/2 cups sugar, 9 eggs. Mix with electric mixer for a while. Mix in 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour. I put in a tsp of vanilla, some people like to add a little lemon instead. Spray your bundt pan, I use Crisco spray, then put in the batter and bake 1 1/2 hours or till a toothpick comes out clean.
They say to cool an hour before cutting, no way, it's just too good.
 
I like it with vanilla and lemon. Might have to make this in next couple weeks. Been long time. Thanks Lucille!
 
Back
Top