• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Bad Guy BEWARE: Jason Lewenza of Lewenza's Lizards

dden

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
384
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Age
63
Location
Oceanside, Ca.
I am posting to tell everyone to beware of Jason Lewenza/Lewenza's Lizards. Over 10 months ago I shipped him a wholesale group of Crested Geckos in the agreement that he would pay part immediately and the rest within a few weeks. To make a long story short, he sent a money order for the remaining $605 that never arrived. Apparently it was stolen out of the post office somewhere between Canada and San Diego. For the last 9 months he has been promising to make good on his debt, but so far, I have not received it. He claims that the bank has promised to reimburse him for the fraudulently cashed money order, but again, I have received nothing. He has promised, several times, to "pay Friday when I get my next paycheck", but still, nothing. I have called him many, many times, and left messages, but he will no longer return my calls. He pretends to be gone when I call his home. On the rare event that I do catch him on the phone, he says he has been working "out of telephone range", etc... So if Jason Lewenza calls you and tries to buy animals, make sure you get paid first in full. Jason, if you read this PAY-UP. You say you have paid me, but ry telling your mortgage company, or utility company that you sent a check and it got lost, and see what they say...
Kevin Dunne
Dragon's Den Herpetoculture
 
Hey Kevin

Jerry Tresser here, does this guy have any kind of postal receipt showing that there was a money order ! It does not take much to make a payment. Where are the geckos ?
 
The old (I will pay you later scam)and you fell for it.Shame on you Kevin.I do use money orders and postal money orders if Im wary of someone.I also have all my money order receipts that are kept on file.LL Lizards should show proof of purchasing a money order or pay up or start making a payment plan with you.If his money order was stolen and cashed he can take it up with the bank.
 
Jerry, Paul- Unfortunately, I sent the geckos over 10 months ago. He had been a good customer in the past and I had no reason to believe he would not pay. In fact, he did send a money order, but it was intercepted somewhere along the way and cashed at a check cashing place. I have seen the M.O. and it looks like someone changed the name (and actually it looked pretty crummy...I am very surprised that any business would have accepted it).
AvandisFifth187- I will not post copies of my transactions here. I posted here simply to warn others...if you choose not to take my warning, that is fine, but don't ask me for evidence as if you are questioning my integrity. I have been in this business for a long time, probably longer than almost anybody, and I think my reputation speaks for itself.
 
I don't think anyone is questioning integrity. I think everyone just wants more detailed information as far as what transpired.
 
Here are the facts:
I sent the animals. I received partial payment. The balance, a money order for $605, was stolen somewhere along the way (between Canada and San Diego), the name on the M.O. was altered and it was cashed at a check cashing business near San Francisco. I am out $605. Buyer will not take responsibility for the balance of $605 that is still owed to me. Plain and simple: Don't ship anything to Jason Lewenza without getting paymeny in full FIRST.
 
Has anyone contacted the accused so they can either defend themselves or remain silent? In a court, with proof or not, if the defendant does not show up and the plaintiff does, the judgement goes only one way.
 
AvandisFifth187- I will not post copies of my transactions here. I posted here simply to warn others...if you choose not to take my warning, that is fine, but don't ask me for evidence as if you are questioning my integrity. I have been in this business for a long time, probably longer than almost anybody, and I think my reputation speaks for itself.

Kevin, it may be true that you have a stellar reputation but you've also been a member of Fauna since 2003 and presumably glanced at the BOI on more than one occasion. You know how it works so why the attitude when someone asks you the normal follow-up question to a bad-guy post. Do you feel you are above the normal procedure because you've been around so long? There is always two sides to a story and most people like to weigh both and make their own decisions.

I thank you for the warning and personally I will head it. I also tend to stay away from thin-skinned sellers too.
 
Kevin, it may be true that you have a stellar reputation but you've also been a member of Fauna since 2003 and presumably glanced at the BOI on more than one occasion. You know how it works so why the attitude when someone asks you the normal follow-up question to a bad-guy post. Do you feel you are above the normal procedure because you've been around so long? There is always two sides to a story and most people like to weigh both and make their own decisions.

I thank you for the warning and personally I will head it. I also tend to stay away from thin-skinned sellers too.

:iagree:


Randal Berry
 
AvandisFifth187- I will not post copies of my transactions here. I posted here simply to warn others...if you choose not to take my warning, that is fine, but don't ask me for evidence as if you are questioning my integrity. I have been in this business for a long time, probably longer than almost anybody, and I think my reputation speaks for itself.
Ok... normally on the B.O.I. you provide evidence to backup your claim. Think of it as a virtual court-of-law. If you have no evidence, or refuse to provide evidence when accusing someone of something, it's not going to sway the jury in your favor. I understand you have a long reputation, but to me reputation means squat when you're not willing to provide evidence to your claims. All that tells me is that you MAY, NOT certainly DO, have something to hide. I'm not trying to attack your integrity, I'm trying to get the hard facts, with proof to back it up.


Here are the facts:
Facts without evidence are simply statements, which no one can tell is true or not. Please provide some evidence.
 
Anyone can come here and claim they got ripped off. A disgruntled ex, a former employee, an ex business partner. It's all happened numerous times on here. That's why we ask for EVIDENCE. Proof that there even WAS a transaction, and you're not just some bitter ex-partner or something, trying to ruin the reputation of someone for ulterior motives. If all that you say is true, then why is it so hard to post a few e-mails backing your claim? That gets me questioning the validity of your statements, and thus take them with a grain of salt.
 
Personally, I don't care if you take my warning or not. As I stated before: I am simply posting for those who might be considering sending him animals without forst receiving payment. He was a great customer until this last transaction. I have no doubt that he actually did send the money. I have a copy of the altered/forged M.O. from the Canadian bank. The problem is that I never got the money and and he won't take the responsibility to see that I get paid. He was a good customer, and we always communicated by telephone...so I have no email correspondance to show.
 
Well a copy of an altered/forged M.O. certainly qualifies as evidence so why haven't you posted that? It would certainly go along way in corroborating your story instead of telling everyone who doesn't just take your word to basically :censored: off.
 
As I said before: I don't care if you take my word for it or not. In fact I hope you send him your animals and trust him to pay you later. I have given a warning to everyone...that is all I intended to do. Take my warning if you want to...if not, don't. At this point I couldn't care less.
 
A Question...

Kevin,

Which province is this lewenza-scammer in? If it is one other than Ontario or Quebec, then I would strongly suggest that you contact the RCMP fraud division. From what I read online, the laws, with regard to online fraud in Canada, have far more bite than they do here.

You may not get your money back anytime soon, but you will.

GB
 
I'm still confused as to why it's such a problem to provide the actual transactions...
 
Personally, I don't care if you take my warning or not.

Then why has this come to the BOI, specifically, if you don't mind me asking? You have not provided hard evidence, nor do you care if we heed you or not. So why have you then, warned us?

Also, has the second party been informed of this thread?

K
 
More...

The second party does know about this tread as I posted a link on the Canadian BOI. However, it looks as though he doesn't have the cajones to post anything here as to why he stole Kevin's money.

GB
 
Back
Top