• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Brisket prices: CRAZY!!

Lucille

New member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,037
Reaction score
1,441
Points
0
Location
Texas
I have a large iron smoker/grill out back and every once in a while pick up a brisket. I grill a lot of chicken and burgers but of course a brisket takes more time and attention.
I saw briskets for sale at the local grocery store, and I could not believe the prices. I'm used to waiting until they are on sale and paying $15-$19 or so.
These briskets carried a price tag of $30-$40 each!!
Outrageous. :angry:
 
That is nuts. Perhaps a price hike before St. Patty's day? I don't suppose you have a local butcher? We have a local butcher here that's great. Cheaper prices, better cuts, and generally they've just cut the meat off the carcass in the back so super fresh. I go there all the time to get domestic hog fat to make sausage out of any feral hogs I kill (which are super lean).
 
Back
Top