• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Btm or wtm Eating after shipping

allreptiles1966

New member
Joined
Sep 23, 2009
Messages
2,043
Reaction score
67
Points
0
Age
60
Location
Selkirk Ny
Hi members
I’m new to black throats and I’m looking for some general info.
I’ve read that after a baby/juvi are shipped, it’s hard to get them to eat. I’ve read this on a couple occasions and not sure how true it is. Recently, A Jersey jerk went off on me because I didn’t want to buy HIS btm in Jersey and I found one in the south.
He persisted it would at min, give me a hard time eating after being shipped.

Is this true? If so, anything I can do to get it to eat again? Is it recommended that I do a pick up or will it be fine to ship. Can I take a 18” baby and put it into his huge home made enclosure? With beardies, sand is not a good thing for them as new babies. Is a btm the same? Can it be put on substrate from the beginning? I am looking up all info I can before making a decision on getting one. They are massive and I want it to be comfortable and well taken care of.

Thank you
Rich
 
Back
Top