• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Caiman Lizard Care Part 2

Croghans Reptiles

Croghan's Reptiles
Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Messages
111
Reaction score
8
Points
18
Location
Keeseville NY
So taming has been going well, the whipping and hissing continues but on a much smaller scale, and he doesnt attempt to bite anymore Holding him for 10 minutes to an hour a day has worked well thus far. I got amazing results from water training him. "Water training" is where you fill a tub or large bucket with water and put the reptile in it. Put your hand in, and eventually the reptile learns you are trying to help him by providing "land".

I'm beginning to worry because he spends his nights sleeping in the water bucket, sometimes under water. I know they can hold their breath a long time, but it just worries me how much time he spends in there, and not basking, or climbing. Now, I'm no expert on these reptiles, I'm merely passing on what I'm learning by caring for him.

Thats all the news I've got for you right now.
 
Back
Top