• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Can anyone identify this Thailand snake?

WebSlave

The sunset is coming.
Staff member
Staff
Joined
Feb 3, 2002
Messages
20,579
Reaction score
883
Points
113
Location
Crawfordville, FL
While my woman was away, a worker living nearby found this snake around her house, so he killed it. Snapped a few pics, but obviously rather low resolution and from a distance. Anyone have any idea what kind it is? I really don't know Thailand snakes at all.
 

Attachments

  • pim snake 01_a.jpg
    pim snake 01_a.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Pim snake 02_a.jpg
    Pim snake 02_a.jpg
    290.1 KB · Views: 68
  • pim snake 03_a.jpg
    pim snake 03_a.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 49
Paradise tree snake, (Chrysopelea paradisi)
 
Thank you Joe! I think Pim is a little fearful of snakes. The workers were sure it was a king cobra. Cobras are found where she lives, and I think the usual procedure is to just kill any snake they find. Much like it seems to be the case in the county where I live.
 
Same in Ohio. When I first started working as maintenance at police dept the animal warden was afraid of snakes so I went on a lot of calls. I cannot tell you how many water snakes and milk snakes I picked up dead because people swore it was a copperhead. I only encountered one copperhead and I'm sure it came from further down south via car ride or someone's pet.
 
LOL!!

A long while back I was over in Delaware visiting with Connie's family and her brother (Butch) came into their mom's house acting all proud because he said he just killed a copperhead. I asked him how he knew it was a copperhead. He thought for a moment and said "It looked just like the last one I killed."
 
Back
Top