Wolfy-hound
New member
- Joined
- Aug 5, 2006
- Messages
- 1,610
- Reaction score
- 191
- Points
- 0
- Age
- 55
- Location
- Keystone Heights, Florida
Hey again!
Is it okay to post a link to my photobucket? I have pictures there, but I saw where links are not allowed.
Anyway, I got her basking spot to 115F and now her appetite is up better. The basking was only at 95 before and the extra heat has made a huge difference. I knew it was low, and tried different methods to raise it, finally, just got another ceramic lamp fixture with a 150W bulb. That worked.
She still loves to bask, and soak in the water dish, eats faster too.
She has become slightly more flighty with the higher temp, but I am sure she will settle when she realizes everything is the same, she just has more energy. I am also going to get my brother to help me build a custom cage. I am just not quite happy with any of the ones I have found for sale.
Wolfy
Is it okay to post a link to my photobucket? I have pictures there, but I saw where links are not allowed.
Anyway, I got her basking spot to 115F and now her appetite is up better. The basking was only at 95 before and the extra heat has made a huge difference. I knew it was low, and tried different methods to raise it, finally, just got another ceramic lamp fixture with a 150W bulb. That worked.
She still loves to bask, and soak in the water dish, eats faster too.
She has become slightly more flighty with the higher temp, but I am sure she will settle when she realizes everything is the same, she just has more energy. I am also going to get my brother to help me build a custom cage. I am just not quite happy with any of the ones I have found for sale.
Wolfy
