• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Defenders of Wildlife Members/Supporters Please Read

AGoodwin

Animal Enthusiast
Joined
Jan 17, 2012
Messages
493
Reaction score
20
Points
0
Age
39
Location
Wentworth, NH, USA
I have been a member of Defenders of Wildlife for the past ten years. Until recently I have truly believed in everything they did to keep animals and their habitats safe. I suppose they are still doing so, but I have been very upset in hearing their support for the recent laws regarding the keeping of certain snake species.

I think if maybe people like me who are supporters of their cause speak out to let them know that we do not agree with their position, it may have some effect. So, if there are any other members out there, please contact them and let them know, if you haven't already, how disappointed you are in their decision. I plan on letting them know that I believe 100% in their cause, but until they stop supporting the attacks on our rights, I will no longer support them as an organization and will cease donations.


So, I say we right to them and tell them exactly how we feel! Anyone with me?
 
I would cancel your membership and explain why... they are one of the main organizations that pushed for the ban and Lacey listing.

From their website:
Department of the Interior moves to prohibit imports and interstate transport of Burmese pythons and eight other giant snakes under the Lacey Act

Invasive snakes have become a serious problem for native wildlife in the Florida Everglades and other southern ecosystems

Defenders of Wildlife praises the move, which the organization called for in a 2007 report

http://www.defenders.org/newsroom/p...osed_for_import_ban.php#.TyFT3H8x6ic.facebook

their 2007 report:
http://www.defenders.org/resources/...tion/broken_screens/broken_screens_report.pdf
 
Back
Top