• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Deposits. Haven't I seen this somewhere before?

Lucille

New member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,037
Reaction score
1,441
Points
0
Location
Texas
I don't know how many BOI threads have been initiated because of the concept of deposits or lack thereof, but I'm pretty sure I've read most of them.

I am seriously decluttering and spring cleaning, gave most of my tools and hardware and a bunch of other stuff to my youngest son yesterday, he was helping me clean out the garage. I actually had to follow him to his house in my SUV, there wasn't enough space in his car.
Also put out a couple of older pieces of furniture on the front sidewalk with signs gratis/free taped to them, and they found good homes pretty fast.
I put a couple of items up for sale, a lady emailed and wanted to pick a couple of them up Sunday. I told her with full payment via Paypal I would hold. She didn't want to do that.
She wrote back today and was upset that they were no longer available, "I told you I wanted them".

Haven't I seen this somewhere before?
 
I get that A LOT with anything that I sell locally. No one want to put down a deposit and wonders why I don't have the snake/item still that they really wanted. But honestly, I hate doing local deals, there has been more than a few times where I am waiting to meet someone and nobody shows up... it is a very disheartening and embarrassing feeling
 
She wrote back today and was upset that they were no longer available, "I told you I wanted them".

I hate doing local deals, there has been more than a few times where I am waiting to meet someone and nobody shows up... it is a very disheartening

This gave me a warm fuzzy, not because it happened to you both, BUT because I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person it happens to also.

1. People who are upset because you sold the item, as if you were sitting around desperately waiting for them without a deposit.

2. Craigslist local people who are no shows, makes me want to slash tires. :angry: I hate craigslist, but some items are too bulky/costly to ship. Do the trick and post their phone number in a craigslist ad with "FREE flatscreen TV but work nights so call between 1-3:00am when I'm awake":thumbsup:
 
I know how you guys feel I go through the same crap selling locally also.
Odd, I've never had that problem with local pick-ups. No-shows don't bother me because I have people come to the house.
 
Back
Top