• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Do they get anymore tangerine????

Gregg M

Hognose Breeder
Joined
Apr 12, 2004
Messages
1,505
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
51
Location
Staten Island NY
57 gram female..... She laid 2 eggs for me last week..... The male I paired her up with was as equaly tang..... Just with 3 spots on the head..... Cant wait to see the babies.....

IMG_2526.JPG
 
wow, awesome SHT,urban blood?

be sure to post pics of the babies when they hatch,,they'll surely be lookers
 
What type of camera and lighting are you useing to capture color so well? I have noticed most of your pics show color really well. Seems that all my picks get washed out a bit, under various lighting. I am waiting for a decent sunny day here to use some natural sunlight..that may work a bit better.
 
Morgan, believe it or not I am using a point and shoot canon powershot A70 with a close up lense...... The trick to getting true colors is in the lighting AND in the white ballance...... You must adjust the white ballance to get real color pics otherwise the flash will wash the colors out..... No need to go out and spend thousands on a camera......
 
As far as lighting goes, it is a regular 60 watt soft white bulb..... That is just so the camera can focus better....
 
Ahh, alright, I still have a lot of learning to do with mine, I have only had a chance to sit down and check it out once. I'll have to play around with the white balance some more. Thanks :p
 
Yeah it took me a while and alot of bad pics to get it right..... I still have some experimenting to do....LOL
 
Terrific

The entire body looks just as good as the head. :D I don’t think they can get to much more orange than that. If your male looks like she does I can’t even imagine what those offspring will look like…
 
Thanks Cody..... The only thing that is killing me is that the male developed three spots on the head..... He was the real redish orange one I posted a while back..... His orange color is just like hers though and his body is clean and he has a ton of carrot tail...... I am hoping the babies will be smokin.....
 
He’ll still produce some stunning offspring. The range of babies (as far as color) is usually pretty significant so you could end up with many baldies. If memory serves me right the baldy gene is carried and pasted by the female. Maybe someone else knows for sure.
 
Truely amazing animal

progeckos said:
He’ll still produce some stunning offspring. The range of babies (as far as color) is usually pretty significant so you could end up with many baldies. If memory serves me right the baldy gene is carried and pasted by the female. Maybe someone else knows for sure.
Thats very intresing stuff there I would have never thought that.
Xavier
 
Baldy being passed by female.

I have experienced that as well. Nitro produced Fusion who is a baldy. I think there is a close relationship between Dark orange and regular Melanin. I'm not sure but I have seen that in alot of Tangs. Awesome gecko by the way Greg. I can't wait to see those hatchlings!
 
I am real happy with this girl...... She has stayed the same color through breeding and laying...... I am so glad she did not develope any spotting...... I just need to work some more carrot tail into these guys..... I think the male I am using will do the trick..... This is her first clutch so I am expecting the worst (not being fertile) and hoping for the best..... The eggs still look good though.....
 
use grow bulbs, daylight balanced for indoor use. they sell them at lowes and other stores like that
 
Back
Top