• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

dosage help

aambumann

New member
Joined
Feb 2, 2012
Messages
111
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Davenport, Iowa USA
If I weigh my uromastyx, and the scale reads .130kg and I am to give 1 ml of panacur per kg of body weight, how much panacur should be given. The vet gave me 1 cc/ml syringes. Thanks.
 
Well, simplistically answered it should be 0.13 of a ml. Hopefully the syringe has 0.1ml divisions (i.e., tenths)? You need to get just over one tenth of an ml into it.
 
Thanks for responding Helenthereef, I believe I have communicated with you before. Yes it does have 0.1ml divisions. The uro in question weighs 86 grams or.086kg, The receipt from the vet shows he gave 0.10 of panacur, I take it the vet rounded up to 0.10 because the uro did not quite weigh 1kg, am I understanding this correctly?
 
I would expect so, he's probably rounded up the dosage to the closest tenth of a ml.

1 Kg = 1,000 grams, so your uro weighs less than 100 gms or less than 0.1 Kg
 
Back
Top