• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Early spring in No. Cal-kings &rattlers in Feb

rod_mcLeod

Highland Herper
Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Brookings, OR
It's been so warm up in Northern CA I did a little rock flipping yesterday Feb 8 in Napa County. To my surprise I found a juvenile Cal King, ringneck, and a 3' rattlesnake, and 3 lizard species. Didn't have a thermometer but it was t-shirt weather in the sun. I went up to some higher elevations to look for zonata, but the sun went down, the wind kicked up and it got pretty chilly in a hurry.
Also, notice the blue scales on the rattlesnake? I didn't notice them at the time. It shows better in some of the other pics.
 

Attachments

  • P2080137.jpg
    P2080137.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 332
  • P2080140.jpg
    P2080140.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 351
  • P2080143.jpg
    P2080143.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 333
  • P2080135.jpg
    P2080135.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 362
Very cool! I went up to a local park in the Oakland hills a few days ago, also t-shirt weather and I saw at least 8 blue-bellied lizards out sunbathing. Early spring here!
 
Back
Top