• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Face Book

There is definitely some background weirdness going on in fb, have had a couple of friend requests from people completely not connected with any groups I am interested in, who appear to not be compatible with me (the last one appears to want to talk about marriage, I can only imagine why someone would send such requests to total strangers).

I don't know how others process friend requests, and in general I love people, but I am somewhat puzzled by requests from people totally unrelated to any interests of mine.

Sorry, I’ll retract my request.
 
LOL @ Jason

I do not keep a FB "friends" list. People who need to get in contact with me are able to without one. My account is set up to not have a list since it serves no meaningful use for me.
 
I learned a new phrase 'Dumpster fire'. There are a lot of those on fb.
One really good thing about the BOI is that how people react to various issues says something about them and how they will likely react to future issues, and is kept for reference. But on fb, the next day the dumpster is gone, vanished, with no info left.
 
Facebook groups can be downright vicious. I have a friend who's a very popular old furniture restore/painting. Her work is in demand but these small buy/sell forums make new rules all the time to keep her sales down. One banned her because she had a "sale tag" on a piece which is forbidden there (why I have no clue) My friend said, If you look closer that is not a sale tag it is a tassel. She got a response back - All mod decisions are final, lol.
 
I see a few of the same people on fb as I do here, sometimes. If they are thoughtful here, they are thoughtful there. If they are batshit crazy here, they are that way there too. I conclude that there are no fake personas built with huge advertising budgets here, people are themselves, WYSIWYG.
 
Back
Top