• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Faraday cages, cars, what, one more thing to worry about?

There's something to be said for keeping around an old classic car with a manual transmission, manual choke, and no electronics.
 
Yeah, it seems that the more complicate things become, the easier it is for motivated individuals to find flaws they can exploit.
 
There are now Faraday cages for sale online, I bought one that looks like a pink wallet.
 
I would think a small microwave would work just fine as a Faraday cage for this keys application. Or just wrap tin foil around the keys. :shrug01:
 
I would think a small microwave would work just fine as a Faraday cage for this keys application. Or just wrap tin foil around the keys. :shrug01:
Men:rolleyes:
It is much more fun to pick out a cute new wallet Than it is to ball up my keys inside some tinfoil every time I come in after a drive. :)
 
Heck, I guess my garage functions pretty well as a Faraday cage anyway.

Not to mention that if someone were standing outside of my garage trying to gain access to my vehicles, they would be trespassing and well within range of my "Squirrelinator" rifle if they were being persistent and making the appearance of threatening violence about it. Of course I would just be trying to stop them by hitting the black box (that looks like a weapon to me) in their hand and didn't mean to miss and hit their earlobe..... :hehe:
 
I think you are pretty safe. After all, first they would have to successfully use their technology on your automatic garage door opener, and only then use it to steal your car. Considering how rural you are I don't think any one would try that. No, I think that their targets would most likely be upscale neighborhoods in urban neighborhoods so that the houses/condos/apartments are so close together, and the cars parked on the street, that their passing by the home would go unnoticed.
 
I think you are pretty safe. After all, first they would have to successfully use their technology on your automatic garage door opener, and only then use it to steal your car. Considering how rural you are I don't think any one would try that. No, I think that their targets would most likely be upscale neighborhoods in urban neighborhoods so that the houses/condos/apartments are so close together, and the cars parked on the street, that their passing by the home would go unnoticed.

Heck, I don't use automatic garage door openers, so I guess that helps even more. I still use the old fashion "muscle method" to open up the doors.

Besides, around here having the reputation of being "the crazy people with snakes and guns" kind of keeps people from thinking trespassing would be a real great idea.
 
Back
Top