• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Fiji Sea Snakes on the reefs

Helenthereef

New member
Joined
Jan 19, 2008
Messages
3,340
Reaction score
246
Points
0
Age
69
Location
Fiji Islands South Pacific
Just got back from Kadavu Island in Fiji and thought I'd share these pics of the White Lip Banded Sea Krait.

Although these guys are very venomous, they are so placid we never have any worries swimming right next to them. In the pic with the diver, the snake is hard to see in the bottom left corner.
 

Attachments

  • Sea snake 1.jpg
    Sea snake 1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 383
  • Sea snake 2.jpg
    Sea snake 2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 357
  • Sea snake 3.jpg
    Sea snake 3.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 373
  • Sea snake and diver.jpg
    Sea snake and diver.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 377
I have critters and responsibilities.......but I think it would be way fun to have a get down Fauna party in the sunny Fiji islands. You are so lucky to be there :)
 
Beautiful! I've never been fortunate enough to swim with sea snakes. I've heard they're super docile! I really hope to get over to your side of the earth some day. Great idea Lucille, see you there!

Noelle
 
Fauna Road trip!

It's a great idea, you should all come....

Yes they are very docile, simply ignore you most of the time and are actually very handlable when they do things like climbing up the engine onto an anchored boat ..... :)
 
Very cool pics Helen. I know zilch about the herpetofauna of Fiji. What kinds of things do you see on the island itself?
 
Back
Top