• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Fitness tracker

Lucille

New member
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
16,037
Reaction score
1,441
Points
0
Location
Texas
I recently got a fitness app on my phone and have now synced it with a fitness tracker watch, in an effort to do more walking and it is working. (I'm pretty sure that with all the setup permissions to track me that tons of people can find out exactly where I am at any given moment, but I don't think anyone really cares) I'm not sure how this happened exactly (I'm definitely not a tech expert) but after setting it all up my watch now talks to me. If I sit down for a while it tells me 'It's time to get moving' and if I comply (such as taking the dog for a walk) it tells me 'Good job!' :D
 
Well, there is a solution for a nagging watch....... :D
 

Attachments

  • smash watch_01.gif
    smash watch_01.gif
    323.2 KB · Views: 114
No, not gonna smack it down, it is actually raising my activity level and of course Clementine the lab loves all the extra walking. I guess I've been exceeding its expectations because yesterday it asked me if I wanted to raise my daily number of goal steps so I did, from 6,000 to 8,000.
 
Connie and I try to take walks whenever we can, usually between 2 and 4 miles. But honestly, sometimes I feel like I want to lay down on the ground and just stay there.
 
There will be plenty of time for the ground later. Sometimes you may have to look harder for the beauty in your days than you used to, but there are good times still there to be had. And of course, you can create good days for Connie.
 
Back
Top