• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Frilled dragon help

Dieselx92

New member
Joined
Sep 10, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Princeton illinois
Hello everyone, I am new to fauna classified forums, and I got a quick question. I have a year old male frilled dragon who is awesome, I just built him a 6 ft long and 4 ft deep by 5 ft tall enclosure, it is a bioactive terrarium, I built it to hopefully find a female, but I have struck out for a couple months now, is there any other lizard I can house in there, like a skink or something to give a little more eye candy, or is waiting for a female my best option?
 
You could potentially cohab L. smaragdina (ETS) from the New Guinea locale. They're semi-arboreal, brightly colored, and hail from the same region as your frilled dragon (assuming the dragon is the New Guinea variant, C. kingii).
 
Thanks for answering I was wondering if I didn’t submit it right. A local pet store said I could do crocodile skinks, being that I have high humidity about 90%. But I am afraid the frilled would attack it.... what is your opinion on that?
 
I have not any experience with Chlamydosaurus, but perhaps someone else can speak to that. Sorry.
 
Croc skinks are usually pretty well hidden during the day, but to prevent stress to them I wouldn’t do it. I honestly wouldn’t house ANY other species with it, but a general rule of thumb is if it’s smaller, the bigger animal may make an attempt to eat it. I’ve seen people put water dragons with their frilled’s and such but there’s really no point in having them co-habitate especially if it just stresses the animals. In a much bigger enclosure it may work like an outdoor where the animals have lots of distance between each other but even with a rather larger enclosure, it doesn’t provide animals with a lot of room to stay away from eachother. I’d just get another frilled or let your frilled grow up slowly personally!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
And if they’re stressed they’ll hide a majority of the time which would defeat the purpose of having them in there as extra eye candy, you know?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top