Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.
Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
Sponsors - Eliminated
Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days
Responding to email notices you receive.
**************************************************
In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.
I have both and would have a hard time deciding which I would want, between the two, if I could only have one.
They have the same care requirements (though Cresties tend to like insects more than the Gargs do), both have about the same amount of tolerance to being handled, and both are "cuter than a button".
That said, I suppose that if I *had* to pick, I would say that the Cresties edge ahead of Gargs, by only a wee bit, with re. to tolerance of being handled.
A little more info...
Cresties have more "sticking" ability, and feel a bit more "velvety", than Gargs.
Cresties jump (leap) more than Gargs do.
Gargs can regenerate a new tail while Cresties cannot.
Whichever you decide on, you cannot go wrong (in selection) with either one. Both are great.
Having had experience with both .... I emphatically echo Pasodama's words above .. both are a joy to own and interact with ... care is same and quite modest with both .. both are great display animals and animals that tolerate handling! If I had to choose between them and keep only one .... for absolutely no reason other than personal choice and biases ... I'd go with my Gargoyles ... love that knobby head and those eyes ... lol!!
I own both, while I have more gargoyles than cresties, I think I would have to pick the crestie, simply because I've had her longer. My gargoyles are great at tolerating handling and will often sit on my shoulder when I'm mixing up their food. My crestie is a bit more energetic, but appears to tolerate hand walking more than the gargoyles. It really comes down to preference of what look you like more, as others have stated care requirements are extremely similar. Both really are great pets.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.