• In case most of you have not noticed, I made changes to the donation amounts as well as the durations for all of the paid membership levels. Things are winding down here, and this seems to be the most prudent way to deal with the "end of life" period of this site.

    Contributor level members - $10 per 30 days
    Sponsors - Eliminated
    Benefactor level members - $25 per 30 days
    Endowment level members - $50 per 30 days

    Account Upgrades Page
  • Responding to email notices you receive.
    **************************************************
    In short, DON'T! Email notices are to ONLY alert you of a reply to your private message or your ad on this site. Replying to the email just wastes your time as it goes NOWHERE, and probably pisses off the person you thought you replied to when they think you just ignored them. So instead of complaining to me about your messages not being replied to from this site via email, please READ that email notice that plainly states what you need to do in order to reply to who you are trying to converse with.

Genetics help please??

Robert Walker

---------------
Joined
Oct 31, 2010
Messages
3,904
Reaction score
409
Points
0
Location
USA
Hi Guys & Gals,

Looking for some advice please and correction (I am very open to correction, so please do so).

Why can some double gene (co-dominant) animals replicate themselves, while others can not?

For example:
Butter Enchi x normal = can produce Butter Enchi again
Enchi Fire x normal = can produce Enchi Fire again
Butter Vanilla x normal = can produce Butter Vanilla again

Fire Vanilla x normal = can NOT produce Fire Vanilla again

My understanding is all 4 genes (fire, vanilla, enchi, butter) are co-dominant. So why does it work on some and not others. Thanks in advance for the insight!!:thumbsup:
 
Basically the fire and vanilla genes are on the same allele. So the fire and vanilla genes are "paired" together on the DNA. In a fire vanilla x normal clutch, because the parent only passes on one or the other, the babies will all have either a fire or vanilla gene, not both. It's referred to as the genes being "allelic"; or on the same allele. Whether that's completely accurate in actual genetic terms, I don't know. Just sharing what I've read here and on other sites.
 
Thanks Clark for your input, I appreciate it a lot.

I figured the answer was going to end up being something like this, similar to a
Mystic Mojave x Normal = not able to duplicate itself either.

I suppose this is just a trial and error thing once new morphs are introduced to the market to figure out what is what.

Thanks again Clark:thumbsup:
 
Back
Top